1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rivers and the Clippers give Houston no respect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 6, 2015.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think it's time to embrace the bad guy role. I wasn't for it but now after hearing docs new claim I'm all aboard. We just need to handle our business, wax these other teams up and down the court. Then after the game walk off the court and not talk to any of the opposing teams players or coaches.

I think the first game against the clippers this year needs to be a blowout and after the game james needs to walk over to doc and give him a big **** you and tell him you'll be lucky to get out the first round this year scrub.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I guess even the Rockets have dumb arse fans, but the racist bit@he's are the most annoying.

3. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I think it says more about Doc and the clippers team than it does about us.
    We had the 2nd most amount of lost games due to injuries and played the finals series with Terry and Prig as PG's. But yet we made it to the WCF.
    Those facts alone and we should never have made it as far as we did.
    That's why I can't wait for this season.
    A healthy team, someone to help Harden carrying the ball and take some load off plus consistency with 10 from last years squad.
    I think our guys have a point to prove also and seem more hungry.
    Given we got as far as we did under the circumstances last season, skies the limits this year. Bring it on Rockets!

4. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

I still cant believe anyone thinks Doc Rivers is even relevant. He won with what, 3 hall of famers, that complimented each other perfectly? Once.

Doc is a whiny B****, an incompetent GM, and an overrated coach. He'll get smoked in the first round of the playoffs this year, complain about officiating, and say some stupid s*** about the system or rules or some other junk to make himself think he looks good.

5. Handles

Handles Member

I hope we play the clippers again this playoffs so we can whoop that *** and shut doc's fat mouth up once and for all. And afterwards, rockets don't mention any of the clippers or the series again. Just silence them into irrelevance.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I can't wait Rockets eliminate them again in playoffs.

7. baubo

baubo Member

F*** both the Warriors and the Clippers. Neither team respects the Rockets, although at least in Warriors case they do have reason to be so haughty. Doc is just a sore loser.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Both of those teams believe they are the better team...and why shouldn't you? I mean, every good team believes they are the best team.

Who cares if they express to the press. People got to get over it.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

The warriors beat us

But we beat the clippers. Isn't it logical for the clippers to acknowledge the fact that we were at least slightly better in that series?

10. SemisolidSnake

Dear, Doc. Your team is no longer invincible against us. If they didn't take us seriously, that's your fault. Also, McHale could probably generate a list of egregious refereeing infractions against us, but he's too busy playing with the random number generator to come up with our lineups. SO THERE. TAKE THAT.

11. SemisolidSnake

I don't know how many times I said it, but I'm sure I said it a lot. Houston is the most unpredictable team. Think of a cornered animal. Any coach should be able to see that when the Rockets decide they wish to play to win, they are capable of making it happen against anyone. You just don't know in any game which Rockets team is going to show up. If you didn't prepare your team mentally for always playing the elite Rockets, you probably would also be mauled by a cornered animal that you thought you'd have no problem subduing. The psychology is not hard to figure out here.

One of the reasons the Warriors win is that they go in for the kill; they don't derp around playing with their "victim" first. It's the winning way of thinking. Hire Bill Belichick to come give your team a delightfully grumpy speech about what it takes to consistently win.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I asked Blake Griffin if it upsets him that some people don't view L.A. as a legit contender. I loved his response. <a href="http://t.co/thzHgMD4dy">pic.twitter.com/thzHgMD4dy</a></p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/653975854763122690">October 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe instead of wishing for results, you trying earning those results.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Full Draymond quote from shootaround today <a href="http://t.co/XUq9mDZ2Em">pic.twitter.com/XUq9mDZ2Em</a></p>&mdash; Ethan Strauss (@SherwoodStrauss) <a href="https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/654013847410376704">October 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Blake Griffin: "No one is going to give you the title until you've actually earned it."

Ha ha ha: understatement of the year! How many years in the league did it take for him to arrive at this nugget of wisdom?

Yeah, they have severe motivational/intellectual problems out in LA.

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I actually have always thought Blake was a rational dude off the court. Doc rivers on the other hand is pissing me the **** off with those comments about the clippers and the spurs should have played gs

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Diamond Leung

Vinny Del Negro on Clippers: "They haven't gotten out of the 2nd round, so hard to blame me right now." soundcloud.com/siriusxmnba/vi…
    5:57pm - 13 Oct 15

18. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

VDN was a very, very poor coach. But damn if he isnt right on being par with the "unwavering" Doc atm.

Feelsgoodman.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

English is one of the easiest languages in the world, it's main language in the US, but somehow, huge part of population and especially athletes make it look like English is their 3rd language at best. Read D. Green quote, Gilbert Arenas nonsense about guns incident and you wonder, how can someone learn better English while living in a 3rd world country and watching cartoon network.

20. baubo

baubo Member

I was just speaking to people who "respects" Klay Thompson like he actually thinks the Rockets are good. He probably thinks the Rockets suck like the Clippers.

But yes, Doc can think what he wants. But so can everyone else, right? I mean, every good fan believes other team players/coaches suck for crapping on their favorite team. Who cares if they express that on a message board? People got to get over it.