1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want Rajon Rondo or are you content with Patrick Beverley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Dec 18, 2014.

?

Do you want Rajon Rondo or are you content with Patrick Beverley?

1. I want Rondo. His behind the back fake is so sick.

23.3%
  2. I do not want Rondo. Mr. 94 Feet is all we need.

76.7%
  1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Before I vote, what's the price for Rondo? That's all I care.

2. mockster

mockster Member

Would rondo work that's the question?. Harden likes the ball in his hands. Will this disrupt rondo and gardens ideal type of play?. Because rondo can't score, well he can but not consistently.

3. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

$1 for $1, Beverly is a much better player. Straight up, rondo is better overall, but he's not 5x or 10x better.

1 person likes this.
  4. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Content with Beverley? I am estatic that we have Patrick Beverley. All he has to do is stay healthy and keep demonstrating the heart and hustle.

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

You're right that's why I'd rather have Beverley and Draymond Green over CP3 and Blake Griffin anyday.

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

This. Beverly is better in every way than rondo except for his court vision and passing.

7. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Content with Beverley? Your bias is showing OP..Beverley might not be great, but he's our best 3pt shooter, hustler and gives us that edge. Chemistry is also important remember?

Rondo is shooting like ****, is a locker room first class ahole and does nothing but pass so HELL NO TO RONDO!!

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

Agree. They are both good defenders. It is arguable who is better.

Beverley is cheaper. Beverley is better off the ball. Beverley is a better shooter. Beverley seems to get along with this team well, Rondo has had the reputation in the past of being a negative influence in the locker room and fighting with his teammate Ray Allen.

I'm not necessarily saying Beverley is a better player than Rondo. But when you look at our team's needs and the other players we have, I think Bev is 100X a better fit

9. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

rondo is a great player but definitely not the pg we need. rather have lowry or dragic. if the choices were rondo and bev then i'll take bev 99% of the time. the only time i'd rather have rondo is if harden (knock on wood) isnt with the rockets anymore and we need a playmaker

10. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Beverley starts with Canaan coming off the bench. I'm happy with that (provided both are injury free).
    I'm loving the vibe regarding chemistry that I'm seeing amongst the team this season from Harden and Howard through to the new guys in Ariza, Johnson etc.
    It really looks like a great environment.
    Don't bring in Rondo and spoil it. Sure any player may do that, but Rondo is renowned for his personality.

11. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

Would rather upgrade our bench

12. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

All depends on the asking price, but either way I don't want to get rid of Beverley. He really is the perfect fit next to Harden.

13. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rondo won't make Dallas a contender wtf, this is the exact same reason why Cuban overpaid for Parsons (do you want Morey to retain Parsons) and look what happened to their team. Rondo at this point is 99% rep 1% play most of the people who want him haven't been watching Celts games and seeing how bad he's playing. Bev is perfect because he's cheap and yet he's effective in defense and 3 pt shooting. That allows you to put money on other positions of need...like a backup wing who can create when harden is resting.

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Beverley is a better shooter, that is it

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

our team needs another play maker badly

17. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

Ill take beverly assuming we use our trade chips to get a better fit. Rondo is good , but his shooting is abismal this year , the complete oppoisite of what we need at that spot. Plus he dominates the ball,and idk if him and Harden a good fit.

But i dont think getting him ruins our chemisty and offense. I also think he doesnt make the rockets better either. I just think there are better fits for us (Beverly!) like dragic.

also Rondo's D is overrated and not better than Beverly's .

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

if Beverley made plays for his team mates, he would be a better point guard but he doesn't have that talent.

Rondo thrives with better talent around him, he was awesome on those great Celtic teams with Allen, Garnett and Pierce

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'd take Rondo as long as we don't have to give up the farm and keep Bev. Bev in a reduced role will still be a factor and will probably play along Rondo a lot of minutes when Harden rests.

20. hakeemthagreat

Keep Bev. Lets trade for Stephenson and have him come off the bench