1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want Dwight to be traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ind0fo0, Feb 12, 2016.

Tags:
?

Do you want Dwight to be traded?

Poll closed Feb 26, 2016.
  1. Yes - trade him!

34.3%
  2. No

65.7%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3rd option

keep him for now and beg basketball gods that Howard will accept a pay cut

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If he wanted to stay and take a pay cut then I would want to keep him.

3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I want Dwight to stay and for the entire Rockets team and organization to have a come to Jesus meeting with James Harden. Either you address the flaws in your game/life (defense, unwillingness to play off the ball, staying out late at strip clubs) or there will be real consequences (benching and even going as far as trading him).

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Where is the "don't care" choice?

I am not a Dwight fan, but I don't hate him. If he stayed or was gone, I'd be fine either way.

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yes, trade him. Morey can't risk losing him for nothing. Anyone who thinks we'll magically turn around and win a championship this year is delusional

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

God no.

Look, I think Dwight with all his shortcomings still has the attitude of a team player. He has fallen off talentwise, but I think he has matured a lot. Harden on the other hand seems to me like a diva. The question that this organization and the fans have to ask is what's easier: to win a championship with Dwight's shortcomings or to have Harden figure his junk out and return to form? This season has proven both of those statements are hard to address.

7. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

You don't trade Dwight. If he walks, so what. He is on the decline. You get back cap space and remain flexible in a year the Cap Increases. You have Young Capela, get him ready for big minutes during the summer(explain that the expectations for next year will be huge). Dwight knows his monetary value is going down along with his production, but he is 7ft and can chew bubble gum and walk at the same time. He is going to get paid, but i think he would take less if the Rockets do right by him(he did it once already). What the Rockets as a organization should do is make James grow up and grow a pair and stop being a diva. Now if James doesn't want to do that, trade his ass to the Bucks for the Greek Freak. Whether Dwight is staying or going is not the end all be all to this team. James's attitude and approach to the game is.

8. juanito713

juanito713 Member

I don't want the Dwight era to be over, but I'll understand if it comes to an abrupt halt. If they do a desperation trade just to do it, I won't be happy with it. But as long as they don't gift-wrap him to a Western Conference team, it'll be OK.