1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

do you want Cousins?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Jul 2, 2019.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yes if he is willing to adapt to our system. No if he wants to be a star in our team.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Would prefer not to win with a sourpuss. If he has a good night the reporters will rush over, we'll be drooling for a feel good moment, and everyone will get shiot on. However, he's pretty good and a bargain which is hard to argue with. And I don't think he's done anything wrong other than being an ass. I could live with it.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

4. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Cousin's is better than what I saw in Capela last year. So yes.

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Low risk, probably won’t happen though.

6. PatBev

PatBev Member

I want Capela trades to Boston for Brown and then sign Boogie for cheap

7. PhiSlammaJamma

In the closing moments of the finals hated that he was shaking his head at the basket interference call and the goaltending when both were reviewed, clear, and evident, and we was still shaking his head like he had been convicted of murder and it was all a conspiracy. If we think Gordon was ridiculous, this is ten times that. And that's the kinda stuff we would have to soak up and live with.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Cousins would have probably got a rebound in the GSWs series in a wheelchair vs what we saw from Capela. I don't like him that much... but for a bargain add, might as well. He's not coming though.

jowman, REEKO_HTOWN and BaselineFade like this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, yes, I didn't watch the finals much but he's delusional

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If he and Paul can coexist why not? We can do a lot worse at the 4/5 position than a Cousins for the BAE or remainder of the MLE.

Capela
    Cousins
    Tucker
    Harden
    Paul

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Very true. We'd have to put up with that. You mention Gordon, and yes, he's ridiculous, throwing his hands up like he's innocent every single time he's called for a foul. We've gotten used to it, more or less. Sometimes, Eric even has a legitimate gripe. ;-)

mikol13 likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Cousins is very similar to Melo and Dwight in some aspects, i don't think you can make him do what you want him to do, he's just going to play his game no matter what the enviroment is, but maybe he would work here, you never know.

But i just don't see it happening, last season the Rockets thought he was a bad fit, maybe Chris didn't want him so, i'm not sure now that would suddenly change.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

it's interesting because I think a Cousins/Paul duo running the 2nd unit would be pretty damn good.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yes the rockets want Cousins and his terrible financial and career judgement ...on the cheap

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Cousins would spread the floor. He'd certainly take up a huge amount of space. Might take a while getting there. ;-)

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I would like it too, also cause this
    is one of the funniest thing i've ever see on the court, i wonder if they can do something even better :D

CCity Zero and Deckard like this.
  18. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

We do know that he has an elite skill set. He can stretch the floor, he is close to elite as a passing big, and he can rebound his tail off.

His health and attitude are concerning, but there is no one left on the market who can provide what a healthy Cousins could provide.

I’d rather swing for the fences than to sit back and play it too conservatively.

If J Green and Morris can’t be had, he’s our last best option for a floor spacing big who can rebound. There won’t be anyone left who can fill that role.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Let's get Boogie for vet min.

20. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Even if we wanted him, he's not coming here.

That's just how the summer's going.