1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think The Rockets should have new colors, new logo and new jerseys next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Dec 16, 2010.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Oh this is classic!!!!!

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The biggest problem with making a jersey that is contemporary is that it inevitably becomes dated. Case-in-point, our new jerseys are very Yao centric, but without Yao the logo does not make sense.

I think the biggest mistake of all for our franchise has been the recent logo changes based on the grounds that most great teams have a timeless logo.

We have a red R that is kind of taking off.

3. moose

moose Member

Yes, this is an excellent idea. A beginning of a new era.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Because of what happened to Yao? No, absolutely not. Because our current uniforms need to morph into something more like the alternate one? Yes, absolutely.

5. Stepping Razor

This!!

6. jasonjoseph03

jasonjoseph03 New Member

My 2 cents look at the Det.Pistons...they had sum ugly jerseys went back to their old ones & won a Championship.
    Teams that have one the Championships in the recent years Lakers & Celtics
    still wear the same jerseys. I believe we need to go back to our old colors also & get rid of these jerseys we have. :)

7. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

yup!!

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Can we start some sort of petition asking the team to let fans vote on the next design, whenever that may be? I hate the fact that they want to choose everything themselves. Us fans are the ones that have to like it and spend money on stuff with those colors and logo. Present the fans with 3 designs/ideas and then let them vote for the one they like best.

9. sks123

sks123 Member

I really like the current logo, I think we should keep it because its simple and elegant.

We should change the jerseys though, especially the red and grey one its kind of ugly.

10. Stepping Razor

[​IMG] I think this would look sick

11. GovernorAggie

GovernorAggie Member

If it's to change the identity, I say they go all out and change not just logo and jersey, but change the floor--maybe become the only team in the West with a parquet floor, and ditch the canned sound effect box for an actual organist/musician a la the Lakers and Knicks.

12. TexasMan

TexasMan Member

BANNED

13. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

said it before and i'll say it again: keep jerseys and change shoulder cut.

black/red and grey/red alternates would be awesome.

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Thank you man that looks awesome!! Exactly what I pictured.. Maybe some yellow in there would be cool too, but that looks sweet the way it is.

15. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

everything about our jerseys looks bad. From the over-sized shoulder straps that look too big even for Chuck, to the generic emblem/font.

PLEASE CHANGE OUR UNIFORMS

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yes. They should use those retro alternate jersey's they wore.

The Yao and Tmac era ended in utter failure. Time to move on...cleanse ourselves.