1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Steve Nash should be MVP?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Mar 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. rju1986

rju1986 Member

No, they're not making the playoffs. And there was a brief span where he was injured.

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Its become a lifetime achievement award in recent years...Luckily D.Rose will put an end to that method this year...Its finally gonna go to the guy who is most valuable that year....or will it??????????:eek:

3. Steve_Francis_rules

I think the OP is only using Nash as an example. I believe he really wants to point the finger at Lebron, saying that his team isn't as good as last year, so he doesn't deserve the MVP even if he has similar stats.

4. Steve_Francis_rules

I disagree. I'm pretty sure Lebron won it the last two seasons for his performance during those two years. Dirk and Nash (first time) won for being the best player on the best team. I think Kobe is the only guy who may have won as a "lifetime achievement," but even then, he was the best player on the third best team in the league (and best in the West).

D. Rose is only going to continue the trend of "best player on the best team" winning.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wait Didn't Cavs have like over 60 wins in the last two seasons. Last two seasons was the definition of the best player in the world on the best team in the world ( in the regular season anyways)

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I'm not concerned with the point you're trying to make with this thread, or how sarcastic you think you need to be in order to arrive at it.

I was just pointing out an inaccuracy.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree. That guy was amazing and transformed that team with some incredible leadership on the floor. And, I think the OP makes a good point here -- even if he's not MVP-material this season with his team down, he's still playing at an incredibly high level, despite his age. It's amazing with all the credit he gets, he's still somehow underrated.

8. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

MVP is usually given to whoever takes their team to the top.

9. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

You're not the most valuable player if your team doesn't succeed. You don't add that much value if you don't win, really. Yes, good players with crap teams can't win MVP unless they're so good, that they transform crap into diamonds (see: LeBron's last two MVP's). Steve Nash did that during his two MVP seasons. He's not able to do it any more.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think whatever point he's trying to make is unnecessary and useless. The MVP award has been going to the best player on the team most likely to win it all for A LONG time now. Throw stat comparisons out the window because it doesn't matter. The only time when this doesn't hold true is when the "best" team doesn't have a clear best player, like the Spurs this year. That's why Rose is almost a lock to win it.

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Its most VALUABLE.

With Nash this year, the team does not make the playoffs.
    Without Nash this year, the team does not make the playoffs.
    How valuable is that?

With Nash during his MVP season, the team was a contender.
    Without Nash during his MVP season, the team is one of the worst in the league (see previous year).
    How valuable is that?

The OP does is trolling. He does not know the meaning of the word valuable or what the MVP is.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The MVP is extremely subjective and there is no clear definition. In a nutshell, it's not a whole lot different from a beauty contest. You pretty much can spot who the good ones are, but which of them should win is anybody's opinion.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dude, what are you talking about. Nash has shot over 50% for like 7 years in a row -- and both his MVP years.

14. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

because then the suns were a top 2 team, this year there a mid level.

15. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

KObe and Shaq should have more than one MVP award.

16. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

you have to be joking me. Rondo is a stud and his defense is par above nash. They don't need a shooter on that team, Allen, Pierce and even KG all can deliver substantial important shots.

Rondo is becoming a stud, if not already playing better than nash right now. and if it wasn't for Kobe's will, they celtics would have two 'ships

17. dback816

dback816 Member

Complete bull, Nash deserved both his awards and a 3rd.

Too bad people decided "lol we cant give 3 consec ones to a modern player! it'll shame all the old greats!" instead of actually judging the damn thing objectively.

The media is stupid.

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

So should Steve Nash win the MVP when he is having his worst shooting season he has had since he has arrived in Phoenix? This is his first year to shoot below 50% since arriving there and his three percentage is down by .3. I hate the Lebron stat argument for MVP just as much as anyone else but this is a terrible comparison.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Are you sure they don't need a shooter on that team?

Please tell me you've seen enough of their games to know they dare Rondo to shoot every single time around.

Did you even watch the game where Dallas dared Rondo to take the game winning shot, leaving him wide open but he missed?

20. aggie87

aggie87 Member

no MVP is given to whichever superstar is fortunate enough to have great sidekicks/role-players...

people argue that D Rose should win it but Boozer and Noah are a big part of the Bulls winning just like Nash's teammates were that one year