1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Morey should be fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Apr 19, 2012.

?

Should Morey be fired

1. Yes

364 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. No

821 vote(s)
    69.3%
  1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

No. Morey didn't make the decision to rebuild without blowing it up, Les did. He has done an outstanding job making something out of nothing, but he has been handicapped by the owner. Les needs to nut up and accept the fact that we need to get worse to get better.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Who else do you compare them to? That's the team who's been picking at the top consistently.

If you have incompetent GMs at the top of the draft, then that just makes it easier on Morey to find the right talent. It's difficult to put a package together of medicore players for what could possibly be a great one...but if Morey can get a top 5 pick, then it's much easier to trade a potential all-star for another potential all-star. Sometimes one spot makes all the difference that high. Trading up a spot, or even down, to get his target, wouldn't be difficult for him. All that means nothing if he can't get up there though.

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I honestly don't see how anybody could possibly answer "Yes" to this question... I really don't.

I mean, when the tanking option isn't on the table, this is the best possible scenario folks. A GM that finds cheap, young talent that teams are selling low on and continues to maintain plenty of cap-room flexibility, just in case that big move comes knocking on the door.

I would MUCH rather go through this exact scenario every single season than to find a new GM that tries to keep Les happy by significantly overpaying for mediocre talent, which puts this team through cap-room hell.

Of course, I'd also much rather tank than go through this scenario every season, but that's a Les thing... not a Morey thing.

4. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

This.

He's done his job to be competitive with what we've got. Its not his fault Stern decided to screw us over last offseason.

5. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

he should not be fired
    - he had made way more great moves then bad ones... - i can only recall 1 or 2 mistakes
    - he has attempted to make big trades (not like hes not trying)
    - i would rather go to war with morey than other gms who make dumb signgs or trades that set teams back finacially and on the court

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This is a first. I am surprised. Oh well it was gonna end up like this with a3rd year of the exact same result and exact same outlook for next year.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Denver and Utah have both traded superstars in their prime and today, 1 or both will make the playoffs before the rockets along with high upside young players. That's enough to get canned

8. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

1 more years! 1 more years!

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Thats another great point. All along they could have traded Yao and Tmac and what you just said proves it.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Wow. I have been critical of Morey in the past and clearly has made some mistakes. But who is better at finding gems in the second round and is pretty good at getting an edge in trades. He has acquired a lot of assets for this team. And most importantly who would be better.

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The only reason Denver traded Melo was because he was in the last year of his contract and it was obvious he wasn't coming back.

I'll kind of give you Utah, even though they pretty much did it to avoid going through the same thing Denver went through.

12. nbafever

nbafever Member

Yes, he said goal was to make the playoffs this year, then he trades off bench players who could have helped like JHill and TWill. And he gets Fortson, Boykins, and Simpson. He has a share of the blame for the way the team faltered at the end. Decimated the bench.

Let's see if he can swing any big trade or FA signing with the cap flexibility. Always talking big but cannot make the big move.

13. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

where's the "Step your dumb @ S S down, Leslie" button?

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Is it too late for Dennis Lindsey?

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

Fine. I'll compare them to them to the team at the top of the standings in the NBA right now, Chicago Bulls.

Eddie Curry(2), Tyson Chandler(3), Marcus Fizer(4), Traded #2 for Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich(7), Ben Gordon(3), Jay Williams(2)... Before Noah(7) and Rose(1).

Yes, that's some "amazing" drafting.

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Trading Yao or TMac in their prime was never an option for Morey. Les was going to ride the Yao money machine until it fell apart. Also, lets not forget that Les went on the record a few years ago saying that the Rockets weren't going to trade their "superstar" McGrady. http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-owner-says-team-won-t-trade-McGrady-1656198.php

17. what

what Member

How quickly they turn.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No way, and everyone who voted yes is either knee-jerking hard or a moron.

19. YAO#11

YAO#11 Member

Voted YES!!
    Morey, you're fired!

20. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

No, Morey should be not be fired.

If Morey were to be scapegoated, I would stop following the Rockets for the foreseeable future.