1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think James will average around 40 and lead us to the best record in the West?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 14, 2019.

1. farhen

farhen Member

stats means sh*t without a ring. So No.

2. xhanif143x

xhanif143x Member

I rather have Rockets top 3 and start thinking about load management for harden. I want fresh legs in the playoff.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

I find it interesting that so many people feel that nothing matters except a ring.

I watch Rockets games to be entertained. Watching Harden put up 47 on the Clips was fun. Every step Harden takes up the all time season scoring list makes me enjoy myself more. If he averages 40, I will enjoy the hi-light reels and commentary from folks like Nick Wright who “get” what we are seeing. And I will especially enjoy watching the haters eat crow one by one as they are forced to admit what Harden is doing is epic.

If all that mattered was a ring, I wouldn’t watch sports. What’s the point of sucking all the joy out of every single game where we have the privilege of watching one of the greatest players of all time dominate on our home court by believing that none of it matters without a championship.

I don’t know about you guys but I don’t get a bonus check or a ring if the Rockets win it all.

So yeah, I’d like to see Harden do something that no one since Wilt has done and average 40 a nite. That will be a lot more fun and a lot less stress than pinning all of my hopes on just a handful of playoff games.

Get 40 AND get a ring. That’s what I want.

#44 coyotetex, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Rustyrig, split41, 9495 and 12 others like this.
  5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well said.

D-rock and coyotetex like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this guy gets it.gif

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Seeing him put up those stats is awesome. It’s slightly less awesome if they come at the expense of a better harden in the playoffs. I don’t know how it affects him. He has said he prefers to play to stay in rhythm. We just have to trust that the rockets staff can keep him in top form and have him peak in May and June .

The difference between James getting 30 and 10+ assists and him dropping 40+ with like 8 assists is determined by how the defense plays him and in particular Capela

I’d like to see more of our how our offense grows with Russ and house etc . I think we can lighten the load on James by incorporating more movement off ball (aka cutting) . Having a dynamic athlete like Russ changes things , especially in transition.

It will be interesting to see how players like house , Macklemore , Tyson , and thabo find roles and perform consistently. If injury happens I’m at least hopeful that Clark or Clemons or Hartenstein can step in and get enough of a boost by playing with James that we stay in games till our better players finish resting.

Harden makes getting 40 look so effortless ... and if he’s not getting 40 it’s likely that he’s getting others involved at a higher clip.

I’m excited at how well some things are working this early

Plowman and D-rock like this.
  8. TilmanFinancialWindfall

hell ya. MVP!!!

D-rock likes this.
  9. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

ty coyotetex.

join a 73 win team and win a championship or two, load manage the attrition of the regular season giving you a leg up on the competition. many ways to get there but i respect the work James has done for my team.

i want championships, been waiting decades! it'll be the final piece of a superlative career but i'm gonna soak up every minute this amazing player leads the Rocks!

GO ROCKETS!

9495 and Plowman like this.
  10. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

It was the Warriors we bowed to, and now the Warriors are dead. And unlike those guys, Lebron's Lakers just like his Heat don't seem as insurmountable an obstacle.

BaselineFade and Plowman like this.
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If he averages 40 for an entire season, we won't be the #1 seed because it'll mean we're too injured.

There's no way you can get the 1st seed in this year's west when 2 of your starters are constantly injured.

(unless the other top teams also suffer major injuries)

12. TimDuncanDonaut

Yup, the journey matters as much as the destination.

D-rock, 9495, alethios and 3 others like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

rings mean ish without great play

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Well said. RINGZ culture is the worst. Enjoy Prime Harden while you can. Do not take him for granted. Generational talent.

D-rock, 9495, Plowman and 1 other person like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

put some goddam respect to rockets name buddy we didnt bow to warriors..we were better than warriors since 2018...its only that adam silver denied us the rings
    noones beating the refs

ChrisP, D-rock and Plowman like this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

"I know what we have to do." - James Harden

Didn't realize that was take his scoring to a whole 'notha level, but okay, Beard. You do you.

D-rock, BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People discredit the Trophy when they win the Conference Finals...... that has to account for something.....

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Rings culture also mean you're a follower not a thinker, you need approval of others and value their opinions more than your own...You're not a true basketball connoisseur...
    For me its enough that Harden is the best in my heart of hearts... i dont need adam silver, scott foster and tony brothers (and all the clueless haters on the Interwebs) to approve of his greatness.
    Actually all the rig jobs they did against harden only confirms he is the best and rockets were the champions otherwise they wouldn't have had to rig the games to prevent him from winning it all.

Adam Silver also believed in his heart of hearts that Harden alone is better than Durant, Curry, Klay, Dray, Kerr, and Igoudala, all together. Imagine that. Hes appreciating Harden more than an average rockets fan.

If he didnt really believe this he would never ordered game 1 rig job last year to steal the game and set the tone for the series.

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  20. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's super easy to have this mindset if you're a Suns fan watching Devin Booker play or a Wizards fan watching Beal play. Since those teams don't have a chance in hell of winning the title, their fans are perfectly content with watching a superstar play ball, despite being bad season after season.

But it's different when the expectations are different. And that's why "ring or bust" is a thing, especially if the talent is there and the team has proven it can at least get to the conference finals.

BaselineFade likes this.