1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you still watch full games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 2, 2017.

?

Do you watch full games anymore?

1. Yes whenever I can

76.2%
  2. yes but only sometimes

15.5%
  3. No, but watch stretches at times

3.9%
  4. No, only highlights

2.2%
  5. I abstain, courteously

2.2%
  1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I watch whatever I have time for. Life situations prevent me from watching every game. When I DO watch, its the FULL game.

Though nowadays I'll miss quarters here and there. I dont mind watching team lose with lack of talent, dont mind malcontents. But I cant watch lack of effort and care. Some games you can tell both teams are kinda coasting through it, so its like if THEYRE not gonna be interested why should I. Even then, its a LONG season so understood that they wont give it their all all the time

Good thing Rockets generally dont have those kinda teams. I guess I'm the fan Les Alexander cares about, wanting to win or try hard even when tanking and dropping games works better lol.

justtxyank likes this.
  2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

i have a site that does condensed highlights for me if i can't watch the whole game, which is often as i've been super busy this year

3. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People are missing out if they're not watching the games. Unfortunately I'm on the west coast, so I miss the first 2.5 quarters on weekday night games. But I watch whenever I can. This year is just too much fun not to.

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

My DVR is the real MVP.

I work late often, but as soon as I sit down at home, the game is on and I watch every second.

Back when I used to do the highlight videos, I used to watch them multiple times, like HP talked about it is a side effect of doing videos..which I never minded....even when the teams weren't that good.

If you miss watching the team this year of your own accord, you are missing something special. This team gets it.

Batman Jones likes this.
  6. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I watch almost every game, but usually I watch it from the DVR so I can catch the whole thing in under an hour after fast forwarding thru all the commercials, free throws, time outs, and other stops in play.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I get distracted during the course of a game - but watch always have the game on if I am home and am watching long stretches until I am interrupted.

8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I used to religiously. TV would be on but on mute and the radio tuned to 740 for Gene Peterson. But now, two kids later, I DVR and watch as much as I can. Last season barely watched. As a fan I was insulted by their effort and they did not deserve my time.

cheke64 likes this.
  9. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I watch every game in its entirety on my computer (NBALP). If I miss one, I find a way to watch it later, even knowing what the score is already.

That said when the Rockets are playing extremely poorly I will often put it on mute, open Netflix or Youtube in another window, and give the game about a third of my attention unless it gets close.

10. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

voted 'Yes whenever I can' ...

this is a rigged crowd for the debate with your friend tho. i'd wager more and more casual fans just watch the streamed highlights.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Almost never. Not because I don't want to, but because there's too much going on. For most home games, they tip off a little after 7PM. That's family time. The little one is usually getting ready for bed around 8:30-ish, so I am able to catch a lot of 2nd halves which is good since that's the most important part of the game anyway. As for road games, unless they're on the west coast, it's almost the same situation just give or take 30-60 minutes.

Now playoff games are a different animal. A lot of the Rockets home games tend to tip off around 8:45, so I'm able to watch those in their entirety. And the road games are usually even later starts, so there's no issue watching those either.

12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Not so much anymore. Their wins have gotten quite boring this season.

13. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Every game. I miss one or two a year because of life conflicts, but I usually schedule stuff around them, or meet up with friends at a bar showing the game. I DVR when necessary.

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Of course I watch every game. I don't want people to pick out the plays I should see. I want to see the good and the bad. The great and the spectacular turnovers. You know who doesn't watch full games? Commentators and analysts, that much is apparent when they "analyze" our games and team.

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

ditto ditto ditto gladly my beautiful fun luvin wife is totally rockets crazy...so theres that...

Batman Jones and don grahamleone like this.
  16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Every game all the way through unless it's weeknight west coast game. I have to be at work at 6am. Unfortunately due to this thing called aging I am no longer able to function at work and multitask on 3-4 hours of sleep, plus it gives me the runs.

17. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I've been watching almost every game since the 04 playoffs. Missed a few games here and there (including playoff games). Last season was the worst and I think I skipped a few games and just watched stretches of games. If the Rockets did not come out to play (which was often) I turned off the game. It was a a mess.

This season I watch every game with DVR and watch the highlights the next day at work.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

This is how I am now. I catch the highlights on Youtube, they are great for condensed games....instead of wasting 3hrs.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It isn't evidence in my debate. I knew this was a biased sample, I was just genuinely wondering if this was a trend touching even the die hards.

20. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I either watch the full game live, or the full replay. If I dont its because of work, plans with spouse, or if I dont watch a replay its because it was a ridiculous loss (or blowout) that I missed.

I remember re-watching the Cavs game the day after watching it. I was pretty happy with our play and felt strong about once we got Bev back. We hadnt even hit our stride yet at the time, and it was in Cleveland. Anyways, good times. Yes, watch the games! ;)