1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you still watch full games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 2, 2017.

?

Do you watch full games anymore?

1. Yes whenever I can

76.2%
  2. yes but only sometimes

15.5%
  3. No, but watch stretches at times

3.9%
  4. No, only highlights

2.2%
  5. I abstain, courteously

2.2%
  1. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Only when it comes on ESPN TNT or national television. I'm a cord cutter.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Every single one of them.

DD

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I not only watch full games, I sit about 1 inch from the TV so I can look into the depths of James Harden's beard, and whatever is going on in there, I can't comprehend, and I cannot describe to you, but it is wonderful.

RocketWalta and Exiled like this.
  4. touring_low

touring_low Member

I always watch every games, but there's times I gotta work and can't so I just DVR it and watch it when I get back (including our disastrous 15-16 season).

5. HTM

HTM Member

Yes, I watch the full game.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I have the whole season series being recorded that way I can live my life and watch every single game in my off time. Plus, I ****ing hate commercials/halftime so I can skip through all that bullshit and stay in the action, which cuts the game time to like 2 hours max instead of 3.

7. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

My cable in Austin doesn't have Root Sports, so if the game is not nationally televised, I bootleg it online. The recent shutdown of the high quality YouTube streams is disappointing, but a laggy, blurry stream with the worst announcers in the NBA calling the game (SA) still won't stop me.

newAge_Rockets likes this.
  8. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Your friend is typical of the dumb, ESPN watching, social media obsessed, dumb ass hell generation of sports fans we have today.

I don't know your friend but I already hate his guts

DallasThomas likes this.
  9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I thought i was the only one who watched both broadcasts if its a good game. now i don't feel so weird

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Yes. This season I've only missed 2. Last season I missed around 13 from apathy.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Barring long hours at work, I watch every game I can from start to finish. I can understand some fans tuning out last season, but how anyone can not enjoy this season's ride is just beyond me honestly.

12. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Yup. If I'm home. If not I listen on the radio.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

most of the time, but i guess that counts as sometimes since i'll look at some opponents and think, well that'll be easy

14. Nivos

Nivos Member

Since I have leauge pass for 3 years now I never missed a game.
    First, I can watch it on my own time which is great. Second I can fast fwd FT and timeouts.
    It takes me about 1 hour to watch a game instead of 2.5 hours.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I do this too lol.

T for 3 likes this.
  16. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

When I can, yeah. but life gets in the way..

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

When I can I work 7pm-7am and I am fortunate enough that we have Root at the office so I have the game on and if nothing is going on if I don't get to see the whole game I get to watch huge chunks of it. If I am home I usually catch as much of it as I can.

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

If anyone EVER loved the Houston Rockets they should be savoring every moment of this season. If someone isn't interested in the team when it's playing like this I don't know how you call that person anything more than a very casual fan.

I'm almost never home when the games are on; I'm almost always working. But I record them and watch them as soon as I get home. This year, more than any recent one, I would really hate to miss even a single quarter. And everyone at my job has known for years it's forbidden to speak of the games when they're on so they won't spoil them for me.

RudyTBag and justtxyank like this.
  19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I almost never have to work nights during the playoffs because someone else is doing what I'd be doing then, which is lucky because I do everything I can to see every playoff game live instead of recorded. But I've been keeping this habit of recording the games for literally 20 years. Maybe that makes me a fanatic (I imagine a lot here are) but I can't even imagine being a fan and not watching the games lately. When was the last time they were so much fun to watch?

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course I do. That's the only way those championships feel amazing. Got to stick with it through the bad times.