1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you still want LeBron if ROX win it all this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by legacygt777, Feb 3, 2018.

1. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

What kind of question is this? Win obviously.

Easy and D-rock like this.
  2. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

I think we have a better chance at GS than any team in the NBA and surely believe its more than 5%.

s3ts and tmoney1101 like this.
  3. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Yup, i agree completely. Aaron Gordon would be a bigger win than the King in my opinion. The King might give us better (if not the same) odds for winning a championship for only a couple more years (given we dont have to gut the $hit outta our reserves like you were saying), but Aaron Gordon being 22 and Clint Capela being 23, we could have potentially 2 early 20s ELITE players on our hands for a lot longer (and prolly cheaper) than we'd have the King, and STILL have roster/salary flexibility.

D-rock likes this.
  4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I think he'd join the Spurs if the Rockets won this year. That seems like his best move to go up against Golden State and Houston then.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Lebron would never join this team if we win it all this year. He saw what happened to KD. If we win a title this year, we won't have to cater to superstars in FA, they'll be flocking to us to play for Rockets.

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I love Lebron, but I don't want him even if we *don't* win it all this year... Unless we don't even come close. If we get killed by the Whoreiors (or by injuries), then let's see if Lebron James Harden can get us one.

Mathloom likes this.
  7. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Here we go again... getting ahead of our selves reg season...

we still have to get pass the SPURS, yes the SPURS

Invisible Fan likes this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The East/West thing is not relevant anymore. Whether he's there or here, it's a sweep in the first round. Whether he's there or here, one of the finals and the conference finals will be a gentleman's sweep and the other will be the Warriors. Same effort. He will get to rest more on the most talented team, which is not Cleveland.

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Same here. Not willing to gut the team unless things don't go well at all, in which case Lebron might reconsider anyway.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

When we hold the trophy in our hands, we go from there.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

He is either coming here because he thinks we can win and wants to play with CP3 and Harden or not. If we win that is not going to cause us to lose him. Think if we win. They will still **** talk us and say we were lucky and make them the favorites again and say that we can't be consistent. Us winning is never going to be considered automatic. LBJ is going to catch the heat wherever he goes. Once he gets there and they win fans will love him or hate him. We are getting hated no matter what and so is he. He might as well be happy and make money. KD learned learned that lesson from LBJ. If he came here through trade he playing one year and then reupping for max. That's likely his last contract. He's not going to want to screw that up. He will know by the end of the first year he is staying. None of his 1+1 crap is going to be advisable because he will not risk breaking down toward the end and screwing up his payday. Nobody is going to give him a Kobe swan song. He chose to be a mercenary and that is the way he will end. Hopefully that's with us. Our team is what provides him his legacy.

I cannot believe the talk on here. We are dragging an anchor right now that could have been Paul George. If that was the case the Warriors would be finished right now. I still think they are. I don't get how many of you are going to sit around and be happy if we don't win. If we cheat these stars, this team, and this city now of being champions because of some misplaced morality come back and tell me how many Dreams and Hardens come around in a lifetime. Whatever any of you may believe, they don't put asterisks on championships. No one remembers your record, they remember championships. Next year is never guaranteed. Warriors about to learn that lesson. I heard Sauces say that LBJ should wait for the summer of 2019 and lose two more years. Crazy. Trust me, it hurt him not to be able to move at the deadline. The Cavs are still not making the Finals and he has to wait another year. When he is watching the Rockets or the Warriors holding the trophy he isn't going to be happy.

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I don’t believe LeBron is leaving Cleveland anymore..
    Must consider plan B or C as a more viable option.
    Evaluate Aaron Gordon and consider chances of prying him away from Orlando; poison-pill style.

One good thing is if LeBron does come to Houston; Rockets no longer have to accommodate by fitting
    in D-Wade with the team to make them happy. We can keep Eric Gordon.

I want Eric and Aaron Gordon on the same time next year in H-town. Make it happen More Money (Morey).

13. valorita

valorita Member

The real question is:

If the Rockets win...

Will Lebron join the Warriors?

s3ts likes this.
  14. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Of course. Not 1..not 2..not 3..not 4!!!!

15. ballscientist1

Will LeBron sign a supermax contract with Rockets this summer?

Sign and Trade will not work because Dan Gilbert does not want to.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Totally dependent on what it would take to get him and who we'd lose regardless of his arrival. You'd be mad not to want his talent and leadership (though I find some of his sideline behavior and relationships with the organization to be concerning), but I wouldn't sell the farm for him, esp. if we win it all this year.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't want him. He is a drama queen and he is on the downside of his career.

Jayzers_100 and slothy420 like this.