1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you still think PF is our number 1 need?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KWilson71, Nov 22, 2013.

1. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I like Beverley but I'm beginning to think upgrading at point guard might be the wisest decision especially if that upgrade can bring poise we don't have in the 4th, leadership, defense and better ball-handling. However, I don't really see any realistic options for us there.

2. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

Coaching! If Mchale still have late quarter break downs after the all the all-star break. I say the earlier you get rid of him the better, I would be much more comfortable having any Gundy bros going into the playoff.

Let's hope Mchale improve along with the team.

I don't even want to trade Asik along with one of the core players for a star. Rockets need to trade for a decent back up center instead plus a tony allen type sg that can shoot the 3's.

We have Harden and Howard now guys, we don't need to trade for stars, we can sign them in FA or get them for expiring contract if we are patient. No need to gut our core for them.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why do people keep saying we need to upgrade at point guard? Lin and Bev are both playing great. Brooks is the best 3rd string PG in the league. So we have two starting caliber point guards and another one who is a solid bench player.

PG is our deepest position. Unless a true superstar PG becomes available (one won't), we are set at the 1.

Also keep in mind that Harden can play point guard and often runs the offense in our system... okay, now we have FOUR point guards who can play.

What we need is a perimeter swingman who can play some damn D.

4. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I agree with you, I think pg is the deepest position on the team. I would rather see Lin start, but Lin and Bev are playing good, and Brooks can get hot off of the bench.

I just think people like to b**** about Lin because of the LOF's. I think that people like that are just like the LOF's. Lin is shooting 50% and 42% from the 3, as a Rocket fan I'm happy with the numbers he is putting up.

I'm really impressed with Jones so far, I really didn't think he would play as well as he has, sometimes it's good to be wrong.

5. johnnytsunami

johnnytsunami Member

Technically we have one in Brewer.. we just need one who's not offensively challenged to get some PT.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

True, props for going through the trouble of making a list

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Nope. Jones is a great fit. Everyone here thought he would be Patterson's backup last year after a great preseason that year. Then when Patterson sayout for the first time last year, Morris got the start! I don't even think Jones got playing time.

Jones is it. Now, we need more depth on defense and/or scorers.

8. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Jones supposed to start last year when PPat was injured. Too bad he was demolished by Glen Davis on the last game of preseason.

I will hold my reservation on Jones. Have to see him going up against the best of the West; ZBo, Duncan, Ibaka, Pau, and Griffin. Those PF's will be his true test.

9. nono

nono Member

Parsons or Lin eventually have to be moved for that wing defender. Whoever of the two can solidify their position as a scorer I guess. You can't have Harden, Parsons and Lin playing extended minutes together because all three are average/below average defenders.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

we found aroon brooks. Get rid of persons next.

11. KWilson71

KWilson71 Member

I rather let Parsons be a 6th man then get rid of them,I'm totally against trading Parsons.