1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you really believe Kenneth Faried will make a difference?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rock Harden, Jan 21, 2019.

?

Will he have a positive impact on this team?

1. Yes-He's been in a bad situation for quite sometime

2. No-He's washed up like Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Your son is very smart.

2. bongman

bongman Member

Would like to wait until he has a few more games with us under his belt before making an assesment. He is still adjusting to both our offensive and defensive philosophy,

I remember folks describing Harrell as a poor man's Faried whem he was here. He had a season high 29 pts with us with this type of offense.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Well, all I can go on is what the coaches believe. And they believe that Hartentein is not ready to log the minutes that Faried will be getting.

D-rock likes this.
  4. cebu

cebu Member

Im sure he's the missing link to our championship run.

once we get Capela and CP3 back healthy.. sky is the limit.

bj3175 likes this.
  5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Faried has lots of energy and effort but lacks a lot of skill. He may be passable as a bench big running against 2nd string units against most teams but if he is getting more than 10ish minutes in the playoffs then things have went horribly wrong for us. It's a shame we can't take Faried's youth and motor and package it with Nene's size and touch.

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Faried is going to be fine when he is our 8th or 9th best player.

Harden
    Gordon
    Paul
    ?
    Capela
    Tucker
    Rivers
    ?
    Faried
    Nene

Is how we need to setup a 10 man rotation. I certainly feel like House can slot it to that "8th" spot but who knows? Ideally, you address those 2 spots here in a couple weeks and/or whatever is left of MLE if possible. Need shooting, length, defensive rebounding.

bj3175 likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Murray needs to goto a gun show to get shooters at thrift store prices

8. basketballholic

I don't quite believe that. Faried is this year's human pacifier for Harden. Just like Bobby Brown was the last couple years. This organization bends over backwards to make Harden happy. That leads to questionable roster decisions at times.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Faried and Rivers will give us the depth we were missing when fully healthy

JamesC and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You guys talking down on Faried realize that he is our 3rd string big. Capela is out right now and Nene doesn't have the stamina to play heavy minutes, so Faried has to. His signing is to plug holes in our ship that is leaky due to injuries. When Capela gets back, Faried will play maybe 5-10 minutes a game, more on blowouts. Now what the Faried signing does give us that is valuable is a vertical threat who can rebound at the big position, something we don't have outside of Capela.

Once our key players all come back, we actually have a fairly decent rotation in:
    - PG: CP3, Harden, Rivers, MCW, Knight
    - SG/SF: Ego, Ennis, Green, Vince (our weakest position)
    - PF: Tucker, Clark, Hart
    - C: Capela, Nene, Faried, Chriss

While obviously Ennis and Green can't replace yesteryear's Ariza and Moute, they are still better this season's Ariza and Moute. Rivers can be our Shaun Livingston during playoffs and Faried off the bench hopefully shores up our rebound while forcing opponents to give the alley oop some respect when Caplea sits.

Honestly, not having Ryno hurts the most for us this season. He could still give us 20+ minutes in a game with the potential to erupt for 15-20 points when he gets hot. People forget that he played better D than Hart and Chriss when healthy and unlike Hart or Chriss, he could give around 10 points most night. Personally I wish now we never made that trade and kept both Ryno and Melton, but hindsight is 20/20.

#190 chenjy9, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    dmoneybangbang, hakeem94 and Kruze10 like this.
  11. Rokman

Rokman Member

This bench is looking nice for the playoffs.

P.G. - Rivers
    S.G. - Gordon
    S.F. - Green
    P.F. - Faried
    ..C. - Nene

Very solid supporting cast!

My one wish would be for Morey to get a legit starting 4 and slide PJ to the 3. I think then the Rockets have a chance at truly competing. If it takes 4 future 1sts to get it done, so be it.

DanO 337 and Pringles like this.
  12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

He's an energy guy and the rockets will come out with a lack of energy some nights so he's a good tool in the toolbox to have just to ignite the team when they need it.

zcarenow and Pringles like this.
  13. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I really like this signing but they really need a good practice or two under their belts plus a handful of games for the Harden/Faried connection to mesh well together. RIght now it's early but I can see this working out really well.

Im pretty excited about the potential for this bench... if everyone can manage to stay healthy.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Capela is the 4th or 5th best player on the team? hmmm

RealRocFan47 likes this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Exactly what I was coming to this thread to say. This team is going to try to Harden/Capela opposing teams starters, and Paul/Faried opposing teams benches. I'm thinking health permitted it should work out great.

Did Rivers and Paul play on the court often together in LA, or was RIvers Paul's backup?

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Exactly! Faried will be a great 9th man.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

MCW??

And Hartenstein is not a PF.

hakeem94, JamesC and RealRocFan47 like this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Except Bobby Brown isn't good enough to play in the G-League.... Faried can be a serviceable situational backup.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Forgot we got rid of him. We can use Hart as a PF and in fact have.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Man you scared me for a moment i didnt knowin my mind if we traded him or not