1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you love Texans more than Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by houston#1, Aug 18, 2013.

?

Texans or Rockets?

1. Texans

21.0%
  2. Rockets

79.0%
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Stern made sure that the NFL is king. Ain't nobody got time for corrupt officiating.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Texans could be 2-14 and they would generate more conversation than the rockets. Its all football all the time with houston.

3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Easily the Rockets.

4. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

By the time J.J. Watt retires, he could push Hakeem as the greatest houston pro athlete.

Dont get me wrong. I love the dream and feel he is one of the top 3 greatest centers to ever play the game.

J.J. is of the same ilk tho, absolute game changer. He just needs to avoid injuries.

5. Grinds

Grinds Member

Very tough question but I'll choose the Texans. Football is just too popular. The Texans' winning would be better for the city IMO due to all the Cowboys/Titans fans in/around Houston/Texas.

6. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Texans by a hundred miles.

7. DreamRoxCoogFan

Hakeem rewrote the book on the center position. He was the game changer of the NBA.

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I would love for that to happen, but the impact of the best defensive player in the NFL is nothing like the best center in the NBA in terms of wins and losses. For all of Watt's incredible play, the Houston defense got 40 dropped on them twice by the same team in less than a month apart.

9. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I agree with you. Watt cannot have a significant impact when the secondary is terrible. He had no sacks against the Patriots the first game and one the second. The secondary was embarrassed in each game. The good thing is we can expect the secondary to improve.

10. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Rockets. They've given the city championships. Texans can be talked about all they want, but haven't gotten it done.

11. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

So who would you pick if the Rockets didnt win the 2 titles?

To answer the OP question. I love the Texans, Rockets and Astros equally.

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Rockets no contest, and I get irritated by all the Texans talk 24/7. Ok, I was raised an Oiler fan during the late 80s and through the 90s. At that time I would say it was equal, once the Oilers left it's always been Rockets all the way. First of all I just don't care for the name Texans, any city in Texas could name their team the Texans. Astros, Rockets, Oilers are all names that are specific to Houston. I would be lying if I said I didn't watch Texans games and root for them, of course I do, I don't hate the team but it gets boring when all week the only thing anyone talks about on the radio is the Texans. I remember when the Astros were in the playoffs in 2005, it was the game against the braves when we clinched the series which was on a Sunday I believe, some guy told me he didn't care about the Astros and wanted to watch the Texans game, this was the year they were 2-14. I was like OMG, are you serious? Screw them, our baseball team is about to do something very special. I guess that's when I started to get irritated with the amount of love the Texans get.

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I also get annoyed with the Texans mentality of "he's our guy" "were sticking with him, he will bounce back". They should have entertained Peyton Manning when they had a chance, I don't care if we wouldn't have the money to sign ed reed or arian foster, the QB position impacts your entire team. That's another reason I just can't get all the way behind the Texans, them and their good ole boy mentality.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm always bothered by people in Houston who aren't fans of all of them. I root like crazy for the Rockets, Texans and Astros.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Must spread the rep

16. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

Rockets

I didn't think I would see a major championship in Houston in the modern era, until the Rockets won two, back to back in 94 and 95. If I had to wait on the Oilers or the now Texans to do that I don't think I would of ever seen a championship parade.

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

So you're bothered by yourself for not loving the Dynamo too? :p

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

so no team is worthy of your support until they win a championship?

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I root for the Dynamo. Slap "Houston" on it and I'll root for it.

20. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Texans without a doubt.