1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you love Texans more than Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by houston#1, Aug 18, 2013.

?

Texans or Rockets?

1. Texans

21.0%
  2. Rockets

79.0%
  1. arjun

arjun Member

U crazy brah....we bleed rockets blood.

2. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

If this is one of those "stranded on a desert island" questions where I only get one choice, basically the choice between football OR basketball, I would have to go with Texans. But if this is about this coming season only, then Rockets hands down.

3. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Easily Rockets. The Texans seem more concerned about "image" more than winning. Sticking with Matt Schaub too long is the same idiotic thing they did with David Carr. They're too afraid to take risky chances that may stir up controversy. They'll forever be mediocre with trying to micro manage. With that said, Andre Johnson is a beast.

Side note: I HATE 610 radio. They purposely block all Rocket calls so they can talk Texans allday. John McClain has the WORST

1 person likes this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

what's funny is the Clutchfans Texans forum has more activity than the TexansTalk message board

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

as fun as it is to root for the Texans, I've learned to temper my expectations as long as Schaub is QB

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Love both, but the Texans for sure. The pregame rituals are the difference maker, and the lack of games makes each one as intense as a Rockets playoff game.

Texan playoff games, win or go home. The Rockets can lose 3 times and still advance.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

22-10 in the last two seasons with two division titles and two playoff wins. If that's mediocre, then all but two or three franchises are, in which case you seem not to understand the definition of the word.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Far and away my 2 favorite teams, but at the end of the day, the rockets are my first love and I gotta go with them

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rockets are Global and Texans are not. Though some of the global fans aren't very appealing.

10. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Love the Rockets more... but I'd be lying if I didn't say I trust the Texans organization to succeed sooner then I do the Rockets.

Even with misgivings in regards to Kubiak's playcalling, I trust him to steer the ship more then I do McHale at this point.

11. macho87

macho87 Member

TexansTalk blows.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Asking this question is like choosing between your kids (if you're a real Houston sports fan).

Now if you're wondering which team is more popular in this city, I think the answer is fairly obvious... also, I wouldn't tout "playoff appearances" from a sport where more teams make the playoffs than don't as a positive.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Luv Ya Red

:)

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

basketball will always be my favorite sport, but Texans game is a lot more fun to attend. Hours of tailgating, getting drunk and enjoying good food, the texans game crowd is a lot more intense, and more into it.

Go to the rockets game, come to game late, sit down and clap, wait til 5 minutes left in game, and leave.

15. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

People gives more intense and noise at Texans than Rockets. I know its football, but people should do the same for Rockets. I think it will be case this year for Rockets since we have very good team with an addition of Howard.

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

while the rockets game might be more intense this season, a lot of the seats are still corporate. meanwhile texans are not and fans don't even sit down at all during the games, they're actual fans who dress up and go nuts. having all that alcohol before the game does help though lol

17. Ashes

Ashes Member

Accidentally clicked Texans on my phone, but I'm a huge Rockets fan, but more of a football fan than a basketball fan. So it's close for me, but Rockets still for sure.

18. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Texans are the most popular team in Houston. Go Texans!!

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Gee I wonder why 18,000 fans can't make as much noise as 80,000 people?

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's obvious what the poll results will be on this forum. The Texans are far and away the favorite franchise of Houston fans but it will always be the Rockets for me.