1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you like the Rockets 'R' logo and uniforms?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Jul 15, 2015.

?

Answer !!!

1. Yes, I like the 'R' logo

70 vote(s)
    20.1%
  2. No, I don't like the 'R' logo

107 vote(s)
    30.7%
  3. I want to keep the 'R' logo

26 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I want a new, different logo

110 vote(s)
    31.5%
  5. I want to go back to an old logo (Championship years)

139 vote(s)
    39.8%
  6. I want to keep our current uniforms

12 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. I want new uniforms

167 vote(s)
    47.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dream2franchise

This is going to sound like I'm hating...but that logo isn't original. Unless it's been modified by it's existing creator.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Benefit of the doubt of course. There's a million people out there designing logos, Rockets and smoke go hand in hand.

If it were me, I'd be rotating that ball so that the smoke trail of the rocket makes one of the basketball lines. Probably change the font used to. As a concept it is rock solid and better than mine, a little more energy to it.

I think our current logo could stand to be more streamlined and solidified. Those streaks coming off the R look amateurish. I think the wordmark is a little too pointy as well.

That being said, I'd welcome a return to the 70's/80's/90's colours and logo treatment. It's time.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Someone should be working on the 50th anniversary patch as I write this.

3. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Was just about to post that. Guess I'm just now seeing them.

They're pretty radical.

4. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

That second jersey is sick.

5. jacoby

jacoby Member

That second jersey is unbelievable. I don't like the logo though.

We need to show these to Daryl Morey. Those are just beautiful.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Man we need those for real.

8. rockets13champs

Man i really love these but its too simmilar to the ones the hawks just dropped

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

The logo is meh, but the uniforms are absolutely hideous. The cut is terrible and the color placement could use some tweaking

I nust dont understand why the organization isnt changing it, 80% of fans probably think it needs to be redone.

10. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Seeing those makes me realize how much I hate our current logo. Our alternates are pretty slick but our regular unis are awful. I won't buy a jersey until we get a redesign. It has been over 10 years with these weak ass candy cane take out boxes ... already a several years longer than the striped pajamas. I would go back to the pajamas over what we have now.