1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you like the potential trade of Courtney Lee for Omer Asik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thejav, Feb 10, 2011.

?

Do you like the potential trade. C.lee for Omer Asik???

Poll closed Mar 12, 2011.
  1. yes

114 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. no

309 vote(s)
    73.0%
  1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Sounds like a quote from one of Omer's homers.

Just say no to Omer Pyle. We want Nene.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lots of players have good stats when you look at per 36 numbers.

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Per 36 min stats are tricky, for instance JHill's stats don't look that bad but how often does he play 36 minutes? If you look at the time CLee plays close to 36 minutes, those stats match up closely. CLee is a starting caliber SG that given the chance, could produce above average numbers.

4. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Ok he's a different type of scrub. You're point?

5. rockets934life

Not a scrub at all, my point is that while David Andersen had about ZERO ceiling, Asik actually has a pretty good ceiling if developed properly.

Watching a couple of games here or there isn't something you should base your complete opinion on. If you had watched the Bulls/Jazz game last night, he would have seemed like the next great defensive center, which he probably isn't either.

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying Asik is a scrub, haven't seen him enough. I'll defineitly pay more attention to him from this point on.

Everyone is saying that he was beasting against Utah's frontline, I'm not so sure.

A Jefferson 26-8-1 3blk
    P Milsap 20-14-1 1blk
    A Kirilenko 13-10-2 4blk

Asik 4-7-0 1blk

I know stats are not always everything and Asik surely wasn't the only one to blame for these numbers, but is this beasting?

rockets934life, I'm not calling you out, I didn't see the game. I'm asking a legit question, was hoping if you saw the game you could tell me what happened.

7. rockets934life

No worries, he was causing havoc when he was in the game. Problem is TT just doesn't trust him to play heavy minutes and last night was another example. He was getting rebounds and making it really tough on the Jazz front line with his size and length. Those numbers can be attributed to Boozer and Thomas who just don't play that great of defense. I think TT tries to maximize Asik as much as possible so he limits his time, eventually when he gets more comfortable his minutes will increase.

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2011/02/rockets_bring_back_brooks_but.html

8. mikol13

Supporting Member

Yet huh? Might be something there then? Thanks for the info r934.

Tried to rep you, gotta spread it around.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Did we all hype David Anderson up before he actually suited up for the Rockets? YUP.

Please, learn from history people. Don't make the same mistake twice.

10. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I think the Rockets have a better shot at McGee. He's a much better shot blocker than Asik and might come at a cheaper price. He's 23 tears old with a lot of upside too.

11. rockets934life

Appreciate it, another tidbit about Asik I've noticed is, like others have said, he does foul a ton. I really wouldn't worry to much about that because, much like Scola when he got here, Euros tend to take time to adjust to NBA rules and style.

12. thejav

thejav Member

No way Washington gives up a young center like mcgee..yeah he might have the BBIQ of a gold fish that tries to dunk on people from the freethrow line..I don't understand why people are so worried about losing lee when we have bud and twill to take his spot...a young.defensive center are pretty rare now a days..we would be stupid not to go for it..its a win win for both clubs..

13. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Um let's see, trade Lee a solid potential rotation player, for another "asset" that hasn't proved a damn thing in the NBA. You guys realize we're going absolutely nowhere with all these rentable assets Morey has collected. He's obviously convinced the majority of you that we will actually win a championship this way :rolleyes:

14. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Yeah, he's not the brightest and he can barely defend the low post but I think he and Hayes would be a really good defensive duo. I guess Asik could work out but I just think Chicago is going to ask too much for him.

15. nathan8

nathan8 Member

very true. dont we need a starting 5 now? Asik is nowhere near good enough. If it was Gibson for Lee then i'd consider. But Asik? no thankyou

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lee started in 58 games, including 16 in the playoffs, for Orlando as a rookie. That team went to the Finals.

He can start for lots of teams without a star player at his position.

17. mikol13

Supporting Member

What does he have on the offensive side of the ball? I see he only took one shot. The videos I've seen of him are pic and rolls to the basket. He have anything to offer, jumper or a post game?

Side note, may be nothing, but I see both knees wrapped. Anything of note on previous injuries or knee issues?

18. lalala902102001

I'm willing to trade Lee if we can get that Charlotte pick, with or without Asik. Lee's rookie contract is up next year. Are we willing to resign him? And for how much? With the dynamics of this team now, I'm willing to trade Lee for a potential lottery pick down the road.

19. worzel gummidge

Lee's been disappointing. Offense is too inconsistent. The only thing that stands out is he can make athletic plays on both sides of the court.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Get that Pick!! Asik would be GRAAAVY! :)