1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you like the potential trade of Courtney Lee for Omer Asik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thejav, Feb 10, 2011.

?

Do you like the potential trade. C.lee for Omer Asik???

Poll closed Mar 12, 2011.
  1. yes

114 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. no

309 vote(s)
    73.0%
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thats even worse than Lee alone for Asik. Ish is going to be a beast in 2 years. No.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

The Bobcats pick is for 2012 draft I believe? If they start rebuilding it could be a decent lottery pick... Ish is a steal for an undrafted player, but Do you really think Ish will be comparable top a top 12 lottery pick?

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

In 2 years? Yes.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Asik won't get playing time over chuck anyway. RA is here to win games, not develop for the future.

problem is, the rockets need to develop for the future because they aren't winning games.

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Ahh. The forever optimism of Rockets fan, pining their hopes on an undrafted D-leaguer.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The trade idea itself was bad.

7. LongTimeFan

Why? The only rotation player we would be losing would be Courtney Lee -- who would be replaced by your boy Terrence Williams. Asik would provide solid minutes at our biggest position of need AND we'd get a pretty valuable draft pick out of it. I think it'd be a great deal for the Rockets. Not sure the Bulls do it, though.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think it's a shot because their 2 biggest needs is a decent SG and a backup PG that can dish, there 2nd team has no one that can distribute.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

a beast?

pretty sure if we had asik you would be saying he will be a beast in 2 years too.

10. LongTimeFan

Honestly, I think our best shot at stealing that CHA 1st from them is by sending them a combination of CLee & BMiller. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have the necessary contracts to make the #s work with that combination.

11. Stilldream'n34

I posted this earlier.
    Asik and Brewer for Lee and Miller.
    Salaries work and Miller is boys with guys on that roster. Brewer gives us a guard to make up for losing Lee. This seems fair and maybe squeeze a pick out of them too!

12. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

We'd be stuck in the same situation regarding T.Will. Sounds intriguing, but woulnd't make sense. Someone talented would still be stuck without playing time.

Unless there's a seperate trade for one of our wings.

13. raining threes

But there both white and you know all white basketball players are alike.

LOL

14. LongTimeFan

Basically what I was thinking. I was wanting to move Miller/CLee to get the CHA 1st, not Ronnie Brewer. That deal leaves us in almost the same position we're already in.

15. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

And it's not like they even bother to be remotely realistic in their optimism. It would be a stretch to say "Ish can be a consistent long-term backup point guard in this league." But instead we hear talk of him "beasting."

16. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

I like the idea of getting Miller to the Bulls, he would be useful to them. Get a 3 team deal going to try and get Brewer or Brooks to someone else opening up a spot.

18. Stilldream'n34

True but I'd rather have the Rockets pay 4mil a season for the next few years to a young wing rather than an old vet. Also I'm pretty certain Battier is done here even if he finishes the season a Rocket. I highly doubt we resign him and that should open up playing time for if not this season, next.

1 person likes this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Plus look at the size of our second team with Brewer. Twill Brewer Bud Pat (Asik until he finds his way to starting) I've never watched Brewer play so I don't know how much of a scrub he is but he got his 4 mil somehow and he's only 25

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That pick could be huge down the road.