1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do You Like the Direction of the New Look Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jul 24, 2012.

?

Do you like the direction of the Houston Rockets?

1. Yes

367 vote(s)
    91.1%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. Asian Sensation

You're reaching. The average age even with Kmart is still under 25. And aside from Martin all of the guys that will start lack true experience. Furthermore, the starting five will NOT be getting the vast majority of minutes. We have a ton of young talent that needs to be assessed and they will all get ample opportunity. You act like we're rolling out a starting five of seasoned veterans that have cemented their place. The only guy that will get heavy minutes is Lin and possibly Asik if he somehow manages to not get into foul trouble or perform too bad.

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Martin will more than likely be gone and the rest of those you mentioned still have question marks.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

If Morey would trade half the farm Howard would already be here. After the SL and before the season begins, the Rockets rookies are worth a boatload. I would imagine that the Magic would jump at Martin, D-Mo, White, Lamb, filler, and the Toronto and Dallas picks. For Howard and 2 bad contracts. Much more likely the offer is Martin, White or Jones, a young player like Morris/PPat, the Toronto pick and possibly the Dallas pick. For Howard and 1 bad contract. The two teams may meet in the center, leaning heavily the Rockets way, sometime during the next couple of weeks. Morey tries NEVER to overpay. I worry more that may refuse to budge and we do not get Howard.

4. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

If Lamb and D-Mo are not getting the majority of minutes at th 2 and 4 by midseason, I will be a little upset. Martin should be showcased early on then shipped out. If Patterson is playing alot that means D-Mo is not ready yet and we will probably end up with a higher pick. I'm not a huge Asik guy, but we needed a center not to mention we need to fill the minimum salary requirement, part of the reason I'm not upset with overpaying for Lin and Asik.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Asik played what - 13 minutes per game last season. I would not call him a proven starter yet.

6. Asian Sensation

Erroneous again. If anything teams are always shuffling their rosters in the early parts of the season to see what players can or cannot perform, find which set of players have the best chemistry and see what works and what doesn't. I can gaurantee you Lamb, White, Jones and Donuts will all get ample playing time especially early on.

7. Asian Sensation

Exactly. He'll only get those minutes by default from lack of better option. And I have my doubts he stays on the court for the reasons I mentioned.

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yet, he has only taken one team, ONE TEAM, to the finals in his career. Why is that jtr if he is such a "difference maker" like you say? And honestly if he can't take overpriced bums like Turkoglu, Big Baby, and Richardson to the finals in the Magic Kingdom, what makes anyone think that he can take those same stiffs to the Finals just because they are wearing a different jersey? Let me guess...Turkoglu is now going to become the guy that will finally live up to that ridiculous contract just because he is wearing a Rockets uniform? If you believe that, you are beyond delusional.

Let the young guys develop and have patience. Throwing ourselves at a guy who doesn't want us makes us look worse than Tom Cruise on the rebound looking for his next beard. It is sickening and embarrassing. I would like to think that our Rockets have more pride and dignity than that.

1 person likes this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Martin isn't going anywhere before the trade deadline unless it is orlando.

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

yes. finally no "always looking for competing" crap.

tanking is the right track.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Curious that Daryl Morey has hired you as the New Head Coach but he did not hold his usual press conference. Who is on your staff and what happened to Kevin Mchale?

Donatas will be starting IMO and the rest of the team will be getting big time role players minutes. Add to that our new starting point guard and our incombent starting small forward is only 23. Including PPat (which I do not think he will start over DMo), Parsons, Asik, Martin and Lin our starting rotation is only 24.8 years old.

12. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

False. Lin, Martin, Parsons and Asik, that's four white guys.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Hope you are right, because it is the "trading the farm" scenario that concerns me the most. If we give up too much, most certainly, Howard will want out of here at first opportunity.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

When half of your core hasn't played one NBA game and 3 of your projected starters have yet to star 1/3 of a season and are also young....picking in the top 5 is a definite possibility.

1 person likes this.
  15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Because Thorpe truly sucked as a GM? Given the fireworks of the last couple of weeks Morey seems like he could put together a better supporting cast around Howard than he ever had in Orlando. And I am not advocating "selling the farm" for Howard. Morey, being the cruel genius that he is, is probably trying to obtain Howard for the price of an all star. Think "KMart blue light special".

1 person likes this.
  16. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

To OremLK:.

You don't know what type of ceiling our young guys have, and please don't limit them based on their draft position. Hell, I bet if they re-do the 2012 draft and include Motiejunas, you can argue both D-Mo and Lamb could have been taken in the top 5.

Personally I don't think were stuck mediocrity. I think we're in a great position to rebuild with our young talent and draft picks. I also think if we concentrate on developing our youth and get some help from the ping pong balls, we're looking a great pick next year.

17. Asian Sensation

This is the truth.

18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Ah, I see - thanks for clarifying (no sarcasm intended). I'll have to agree to disagree with you although I respect your view. I just am not a believer in Howard and I don't believe he'll stay in Houston long-term.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I personally agree with your opinion. But rookies are rookies, and they all need a couple of years to season.

I have been expressing on this board for 4 months that D-Mo would be a top 5 pick in the 2012 draft after his European performance. And man, the ridicule. Lamb would be 6 - 8 IMHO.

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The current rocket team can not win more than 30 games, the young players just do not know how to play the NBA defense. The rockets would have a great chance to get the top 5 pick if we do not make a trade for Howard.