1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you like McHale?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston#1, Mar 27, 2013.

?

Do you like McHale?

1. Yes

31.6%
  2. No

68.4%
  1. jocar

jocar Member

His tough love approach is good for helping a bunch of young bucks to mature. His subs need quicker tuning and they'd be better if their playbook had more variation and movement. Seems like everyone in the NBA likes and respects him. Alot of irrational hate by a tiny minority up in here.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He can't adjust within games (similar to Kubiak), loves small ball, passes most of the blame on the players, and is inconsistent with his rotations.

NO.

3. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Tough love approach?
    Everyone in NBA likes and respects him?who? Under what circumstances?
    Give me a break.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Most of this board thinks Lin is the leader of the team. These polls are stupid because of the number of LOF's on the board.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

BS. I'm not a LOF.

I was at the game last night. Harden is being asked to do much. We needed Lin when we were playing good D in the second half. Don't tell me that was mainly bc of Beverly.

6. wendzall

wendzall Member

yea, but what mchale did in terms adapting this season was throw out the "team ball" and hand it to harden.

7. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Uh, no. You realize the person who started this thread is a 2009er right?

Also the "Fire McHale" thread was started last year BEFORE Lin was even on the team.

There have been a lot of people on here pre-Lin that didn't like him as a coach.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Personally I don't like him. I hated him as a player with the Celtics and hated what he did to the T-Wolves as a GM. That is why I voted "No" on the poll. That said I think he has a done good job as coach of the Rockets and have eaten crow over his hiring which I strongly disagreed with.

9. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

Whenever McHale nutriders or LOH don't like poll results, they just say it is not valid because of LOF. Grow up.

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I only made it through the 1st 3 pages and I had to stop. The ignorance was too painful.

He finished above .500 last year with virtually no training camp. Did he only look good because of superstar Kevin Martin?

For the 2 above, do either of you ever read HMMMHMM's playbook thread? I'm guessing you see a lot of threes and assume we're playing nba2k ball out there. There's a reason we're open for so many threes. The opponents know we're gonna launch em, and they still can't stop it.

Try again.

Again, he went over .500 last year in his 1st year with the Rockets, lockout shortened season, mini training camp, etc. Did we have a top 3 SG last year?

The McHale haters won't like it, but this group (even after the Harden trade) was predicted to be lotto bound. The fact that this group had 0 chemistry and game experience together before the season started, yet they're in the playoff race, is incredible. Even Vegas predicted a lotto season for us, and we're still 7 games over .500.

Instead of whining and complaining about every little thing y'all think is wrong with the Rockets, try sitting back and enjoying the ride. This team has one of the brightest futures in the league, we have loads of cap space, we finally have another star to attract other stars, and he's only 23.

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I like him as a person, based on interviews and what others say about him.

As a coach, hell no. Not on any day of the week. The team has done incredibly well this year, but I attribute more of that to the assistant coaches and the players.

If the Rockets coaches were a presidency, Mchale would be Bush and the assistant coaches would be Cheney. No, punk, this has nothing to do with war or politics. :)

I just feel that Sampson, Finch, etc... are in more control than McHale. He gets the final decision, which often is void of intelligence ;), but I think Bickerstaff and Sampson are the core of the coaching staff.

Just an opinion, and I could definitely be wrong. Obviously, I'm not McHale's biggest fan, and I don't mind admitting it.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I like McHale as a person and I even appreciate his overall coaching (ie the message he sends and accountability and so forth...) but his x's and o's and his rotations suck. He needs to coach the bigger picture and serve as a motivator and mentor - while allowing his assistants (or get new ones if needed) to micro manage the flow of the game....

13. Arthurprescott2

I like McHale.

Does his coaching leave something to be desired? Sure. But I think overall, he's done pretty well with this team.

14. andersongo

andersongo Member

I used to get mad at McSuccess but I have now adopted the zen attitude of T-Wolves fans. With McSuccess, you've got to take the bad with the good; it just suck that it's mostly the bad.

15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

There should be an indifferent option in the poll

16. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I love Mchail, he is a very consistent coach. Even with a superstar, we are still in the 8th place neighborhood and struggling to stay in the playoff like last year.

17. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Isn't that mostly because Harden and Asik are much better than people expected? I wouldn't give McHale much credit for the team's success. The roster was just underrated by a lot of folks. I expected us to make the playoffs after the Harden trade.

That being said, OP is on drugs if he thinks any coach could take this team to the title. Definitely not there yet.

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

This team's record is about what I expect from the talent and age on this team. So I'm content with McHale's performance thus far. As the team matures and we add another high end free agent we'll be able to truely evaluate McHale's performance.

19. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

I honestly have no idea why McHale is the coach here other than the fact he 1) can be an effective authority figure and 2) will let Morey tinker without complaining much.

If Bickerstaff, Finch, or Sampson bail, I get the feeling McHale will be totally lost out there.

20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Isn't it the truth though? Not just this poll. Any poll that bears even 1% relevance to Lin, you can see the results from miles way. Didn't some whacko even use a script to generate some auto-clicks for Lin couple of days ago? LOL. Talking about "grow up". Please.

Nowadays any poll here at CF needs to be taken with a grain of salt, because of you-know-what. What a shame.