1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you like McHale?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston#1, Mar 27, 2013.

?

Do you like McHale?

1. Yes

31.6%
  2. No

68.4%
  1. verysimplejason

I like him as a player. I like his Celtics and the Lakers play it out during the 80s. I just love watching them even if I don't side with either team. I even like him as an assistant coach or a player's coach. But as a head coach, I find him lacking. I'm still not confident on his decisions. I think he's overrated as a coach. I think he'll be out-coached when the playoffs come.

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Give some credit to the coach, but no too much credit. This team is where it is due largely to the players. Asik, Lin, Harden, and Parsons....those are four solid players at their respective positions and very unselfish players.

3. verysimplejason

I disagree a little bit on Sampson. That said, I don't mind giving him a chance. What I really like is for someone like Sloan to coach the Rockets. I also like the Rockets to try somebody like Mike Krzyzewski. I wonder if that's even possible.

4. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

McHale is not the greatest coach, we all know that.

That being said, the late game failings aren't all his fault. We are a young team and ridiculously inexperienced. He doesn't know exactly what he has with this team, what rotations are best etc.

While I'd rather have a Popovich, imo there are maybe 5-7 good coaches in the NBA, the rest you could almost pick out of a hat and it wouldn't really matter. McHale falls into the hat category, but the other good coaches are gone. Outside of the 2 Van Gundys and Phil, but Phil isn't coming here, JVG seems happy broadcasting, and I have no idea about SVG.

5. rockets137

rockets137 Member

Just a wrong moment to open this particular voting
    But peoples know what's best for themselves, so carry on peoples

6. equinoxin

equinoxin Member

yeah, 2012 and members with over 200 posts. seriously, these people are posting like 30 garabage posts a day..

7. JustaFan

JustaFan Member

Then why take out smith and bev when they were playing so well? let them close out the game like he always does when the bench plays well. This just tells me that Mchale was afraid to take the heat for the loss.

8. JustaFan

JustaFan Member

If not for Harden saving a lot of games for Mchale, he would have been fired already. Rest Harden a little damn it and don't playing the bench for 16 minutes straight in the first half. You don't do it with the starters why do it with the bench? They get tired too. And how hard is it rest Harden 2.5 mins a quarter to keep him under 40mins/game? Shiiit, is Mchale telling me the team can't survive less than 2.5 mins/quarter with Harden? Wake up Mchale!!

9. cml750

cml750 Member

I voted no but I guess I am really on the fence. He has done a pretty good job considering the circumstances, yet I always seem to question a lot of his moves. I think he should have given the rookie power forwards (Dmo & TJones) more time earlier in the year I also think he is playing Harden and Parsons too many minutes.

10. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

I know this team is young and he has done really well with the hand he has been dealt, but unless I see good defense and an actual offense system implemented, I am not backing him as a good coach.

The reason we have won this many games is more because of Harden and the team than what the coach has done. Lets give him one more year and then see what happens.

11. Normalus

Normalus Member

Why so much hate?

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well tonight I felt he coached okay. His starting unit specifically Asik and Motiejunas failed him to start the game. Hibbert and Tyler H. killed them. Greg Smith and Thomas Robinson played better they matched their physicality and athleticism. Lin didn't show up where Beverley did I felt McHale was trying to win tonight but that horrific start killed us.

13. archinkent

archinkent Member

I am just comparing to our previous 2 coaches. JVG was a great defensive coach but pretty hopeless on offense, while Adelman is a great offensive coach but mediocre on the defense. Mchale...he is just bad on both ends, I really don't know what good people see in him. He was hated so much in Minnesota as a coach (and GM) for a reason.

14. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

in the bigger picture, McHale's pretty good, he's adaptable (case in point of unadaptable coach, just look at the Lakers), he has the player's respect, players are developing.

I do wish his rotation can be a bit less infruiating though.

15. verysimplejason

Yup, just like this comment is a garbage. Not everybody who disagrees with you or anybody else' opinion is garbage. Just the same, not all new members are posting garbage. Why? Would you rather let this forum be just for old members? Don't you want this forum to grow and accommodate new ideas? Instead of filtering by year, why don't you just give the administrators handles of who are really just trolling and let them do their jobs? You're just the same with those people you hate when you post things like this.

16. verysimplejason

I think McHale will be weighted by his performances during the playoffs. Give him one more year if he's good at the playoffs. If not, giving him one more year will be a year wasted. The playoffs is the best time to gauge a coach if he will be able to bring this team to the next level or not.

17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I want McHale to succeed, but I want to know why Fortson, Douglas and Beverly is, or was playing major minutes.

18. phidz_deedz

phidz_deedz Member

come on guys... just dont hate, this guy been through a lot this year... landing us on 7th spot is already a big acomplishment... what do you expect 5th or maybe a higher spot in the standings?

19. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Mr McHale should go.

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I want an elite defensive coach.