1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you like Madonna's Music?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Aug 25, 2007.

1. what

what Member

I recently saw her perform in concert at Live Earth, and she was playing her sounds with a very cool retro style. It wasn't the typical over-the-top production, try to shock you feel. It was pretty cool stuff.

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I do, I own 3 albums (though they are not my favorite Madonna stuff, they were gifts). I like most of what she did through Ray of Light, while the stuff after that doesn't appeal to me as much.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Sure. And for all the grief she's gotten over the years, I'd trade her for any of the stage-parented, dysfunctional children today who pass as female pop stars.

4. conquistador#11

yeah, i guess I do, I Just don't share it with the world :) . Thank god for her singing Bc "swept away" almost destroyed Guy ritchie as a ground breaking director.

5. RedRacer

RedRacer Contributing Member

Maybe, Maybe no

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0VPYYd1Xa98"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0VPYYd1Xa98" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eAg6dHKJ8ck

6. what

what Member

I have not been a huge madonna fan since I was about 15 or so, when she first came out with Borderline and Lucky Star. I listened till Like A Virgin, when I dismissed a lot of my madonna ties after that. Then she started playing to the gay scene, which turned me off even more.

I liked Holiday till she started putting the gay spin on it. Not that I am anti-gay, but I don't want to strike a pose, either.

However, at that Live Earth concert I saw on T.V., her playing the guitar and with a punk style and presence about her, really appealed to me. I hope she keeps this up, because I'd love to see a bad-a$$ madonna in concert, playing in a straight up style, without all the fetish crap she's known for.

7. First Lady

First Lady Member

I absolutely loved her old stuff. Haven't really been up to date with any of her newer stuff since she reinvented herself.

8. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I freaking LOVE Madonna's stuff. Every era.

9. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I don't buy her stuff, but I got to give her props for longevity. For a female she's unrivaled as far as I'm concerned.

Her at her hottest, imo. One of my favorites:

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aByg6X7EF8E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aByg6X7EF8E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

i was never really interested in madonna's music but have liked a few of her recent songs, ie ray of light, hung up, and sorry.

they spoilt ray of light a bit with that electronic vocal effect near the middle/end of the song. ever since cher had that hit song believe, which was crap anyway, producers haven't stopped with putting in dumb vocal effects.

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yeah, that video its one of my favorites too.

And I like since ray of light, but i dont like the new electronic style of her.

12. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Man I can't imagine who doesn;t love her music. If you free up in the 80's, 90's or in the 20000's her music has had an influence on you and everyone sings material girl in the shower.

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

No, but one of the earliest jokes I can recall is:

What goes black blond black blond black blond?

Madonna doing cartwheels down a hill.

My mom told me that when I was like 7.

14. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Yes.

Madonna is an undeniable musical force whose longetivity is a testament to her talent, creativity and passion.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i like the song from "league of their own" but that's about it.

16. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

bigsherv,

i for one do not like her music. and no, i am not a music snob.

17. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Charles Barkley hit that.

18. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

80's Madonna when she was fiiiiiiine...I can stand.

90's on - HELL NO

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Not just no, but hell no.

I agree, she is an undeniable musical force...in terms of self-marketing and image makeover.

Other than that, she is a symbol of what the pop music business and our maniacally worshipping celebrity-obsessed culture has brought us. She makes people go "ooh" and "aah" because she talks about her pee-pee while she makes vapid, bland, computer-generated musical pablum for the masses.

I'll pass.

OK...I'll go back to playing shuffleboard and listening to my Lindy Hop records...even though Madonna is 3 years older than me! :eek: :D

20. what

what Member

I think fame hit her way too early. She has still made some great records, but think back to Burnin' up, Lucky Star, Borderline, Holiday. I think this record stands as a classic album. To her downfall, she got famous for her image and by the time Like A Virgin came out, she was as much a fashion icon as she was a musical icon.

But she has made some great songs that I think stand the test of time.