1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do You Have Faith In Tom Savage?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IronTexan93, Mar 18, 2015.

?

Do You Have Faith In Tom Savage

1. Yes

55 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. No

70 vote(s)
    56.0%
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Don't sleep on Josh Allen, though, he may go before us if he comes out. I think if he comes out, he's the second quarterback taken after Trubisky, with the potential to even be the first.

I could see us moving up ten picks or so to get him, though it would be ballsy considering he probably won't start right away, and what we just went through with Osweiler.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not for sure yet, but it's likely that he's out.....and after seeing his performance, that might not even be a bad thing.

3. likestohypeguy

When do we find out? Unlike performance based decisions, doesn't a medical condition like this have to be disclosed?

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Huh? Josh Allen is a sophomore QB for Wyoming with a 56% completion and 15 INTs. I haven't seen his name anywhere in this draft, let alone as a top pick. Who are you talking about?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just one mock draft but BR's Matt Miller has him going 3rd overall to Chicago.

The Pick: QB Josh Allen, Wyoming

Who?

Allen wasn't a big name coming into the 2016 season, but he has played well enough—and showed NFL-style traits—to shoot way up the board if he decides to enter the 2017 draft class.

Why should Bears fans be excited? Because Allen has the size (6'5", 220 lbs), arm, mobility and gunslinger mentality to develop into a great quarterback. He's not NFL-ready right out of the gate, but none of the passers in this year's class are. Investing in the future, with another year of Matt Barkley at quarterback, is the way general manager Ryan Pace should be thinking.

The Bears also have other needs, but missing out on a quarterback would set this rebuild back another year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...llers-final-regular-season-projections/page/4

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Chad Kelly could be had for a 6th maybe 7th.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's in the concussion protocol right now, and yes, they have to disclose his status.

8. Two Sandwiches

I'm talking about Josh Allen. The one you talked about. Don't sleep on him.

His stats aren't great, but neither was the team around him, besides him and his running back. He was a transfer before last year, so he's eligible.

Watch his game tape. The kid is way better than his stats indicate. He's most likely exactly what O'Brien wants in a quarterback.

And I stand by my assessment that if he comes out, he'll be the first or second quarterback taken. Much like Carson Wentz hadn't made his rise yet at this point last year, yet I was hyping him. (Though I liked what I saw with some others that weren't great either)

As I said, don't sleep on Josh Allen.

9. Two Sandwiches

Chad Kelly is not a Houston Texans-like player. I don't think McNair would let us draft him.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He sounds like a fun mix of Ryan Mallett and Aaron Hernandez off the field, what's not to like?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

I may be the only one on the board who does this, but I read every J.R. post in my mind with Jim Ross' overselling announcer voice. It makes posts like this hilariously over the top.

For good measure, my mind will sometimes throw in a Ross-ism. For example "bah God, do you have faith in the Texans finding a franchise quarterback?!!"

Give it a try sometime :D

J.R. likes this.
  12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Then you should be a Colts fan instead, the logic doesn't work with this franchise.

13. likestohypeguy

By when? I guess the media does not have access to know who'll be practicing and when.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They'll give a report every day. Today no one practiced and he's still in the concussion protocol. We'll find out tomorrow if he's done, but I've never heard of anyone getting through it faster than 2 days.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I did some more research on him. Sounds like he has promise, but also like he needs another year of polish at the college level. Seems like a "tools with potential" player at the moment instead of a "sure thing" (as much as one can be). You're right that he wouldn't (shouldn't) play here immediately. Not that it matters, but I'm not sure how fans would react to drafting another (kind of) Tom Savage meaning a player with tools that you need to sit and develop for a year or two.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. CCorn

CCorn Member

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't have faith in the organization.

roxallways likes this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

love your sig; I want Mahones too

Yaosthirdleg likes this.