1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do You Have Faith In Tom Savage?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IronTexan93, Mar 18, 2015.

?

Do You Have Faith In Tom Savage

1. Yes

55 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. No

70 vote(s)
    56.0%
  1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True. Many good quarterbacks have been overlooked year after year, and end up making everyone who passed them up look like fools. It's really just a crap shoot, and worth a chance to take one, even if he just ends up being a backup. I'm not saying draft one first round, but maybe round 3 if there isn't any standout guy. We definitely need to beef up our offensive line, and I would like to see us use the 2 picks for that, to give our QB more protection.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For your sake it's best to just admit that you are being biased here, it's better than the alternative.

Anyway, people like you really are irrelevant in the long run, so much like the other brain neutral "Texans fans" I might have to end up putting you on the ignore list too if you can't do better in the future. Hopefully it won't come to that because I truly think you have potential to be better than you have been lately. You just have to move past pushing narratives and being a bit more objective. If you can do that, great, if not.....well then you'll be just another Mr. Clutch or that other idiot that I recently put on ignore.

I'm pulling for you kiddo, do your best.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I would never put you on ignore. You're too entertaining.

Speaking of brain-function, this pre-game post from you yesterday displays more classic thoughts from your dome.

Let's count the inaccuracies in that post.

I would NEVER want to ignore your fodder :eek:

4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I didn't think they had any shot in the playoffs with Brock. I'm not saying they are going to win with Savage. I'm just saying that we don't know. It's possible he can play really well. It's possible that he can't. That's a better feeling than knowing that we will be eliminated which is how it has felt with Brock this year.

If he can control the game clock and make very few mistakes then the defense and running game can carry the team quite a long way. Again, not saying we are going to the AFC championship game. I'm just saying that we don't know that we aren't... if that makes sense.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And that's part of the reason it's obvious how biased you are. You pretend to be a Texans fan, but you are seemingly happy that Osweiler played poorly. I mean, it could be a good thing if Savage continues to avoid those picks he nearly threw this week, but as far as we know, this could be a bad thing for the team long term.....but that's not important to you, only your narrative is.

If I thought more of your opinion, I'd be disappointed.

6. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Show me where I've ever remotely cheered against any Houston player, much less to win an argument.

I've probably stated a few facts that shook you emotionally, which sullied your interpretation, but I'd never root against HOU.

You've already shown your fragile fandom with other HOU teams. This isn't a favorable topic for you.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you show facts? When? That would be an awesome change of pace.

8. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's the thing though...good QB classes happen in patches and then theres a lull. The last few classes have been outstanding. We may now be entering the lull...think 2002.

9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Yeah, fortunately with the defense, all we currently need is a top 20 QB to advance in the postseason. There isn't much game film on Savage, so that's an advantage. Brock's top 30* self remaining sideline'd is also an advantage.

*Edit- top 50, as there are multiple backups who are better. A few are teammates.

#69 Houstunna, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    jev5555 likes this.
  10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I have more faith in him then Brock currently. But still think its a good idea to draft a QB

11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Yeah, OL first, then maybe DB. Then worry about QB.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He'll be out hurt before the playoffs. Dude is really injury prone for a guy who hasn't played much. Nearly got hurt last game in only 3 quarters.

13. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Valid point.... same note, Nick Martin is highly suspect as injury has finished his last 2/3 seasons.

The poster deb4 is correct saying draft multiple OL next draft.

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Let's just hope we aren't saying that about a lot of our guys next year, Watt especially. He has had more problems in one year than he had in the previous years combined.

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'd also love to see a big powerful receiver way down that list in the later rounds. Someone who is strong enough to fight for those balls, and built like Andre Johnson. But, it would be nice to have someone else like that on the other side too, so another DB would be great. Our safeties and cornerbacks are a rotating door of injuries, and honestly scare me anytime a long pass is thrown, because I am afraid they are going to get called on pass interference. They can look fantastic most of the time, and have definitely faced really good quarterbacks, but killed us with stupid penalties against Oakland.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Start him this year and all next year to find out.

17. today

today Contributing Member

Because of the extraordinary value of having a top 10 QB that can produce 2-3 game winning drives per year, we ought to be drafting QB in the 1st round and then again in the 5th. Do I have confidence that we will take the right QB? Nope... But I've got to hope that the blind squirrel can find a nut.

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We don't need a 1st round quarterback as much as we need to beef up our offensive line. I say take the best offensive lineman you can get round 1, and give us more of an ability to take the pressure off our QB and make holes for our running game.

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Listening to the podcasts , you can just tell receivers like Hopkins and Ryan Griffin are happy with the change.

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

And agree about OL, let's go fr talent there next draft especially