1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you agree this team will win around 50 in the reg. season, but not much in the post season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Mentality is something offensive teams lack as well. Defensive teams have that mindset, get stops, get out and score. They focus on getting stops and converting those stops into easy baskets. Great offensive teams find it's much more difficult to score in the playoffs, so they get shut down for a stretch and they get down on themselves without having anything to fall back on if they can't get it going. Defensive teams always have defense and rebounding to fall back on. Essentially, great offensive teams can be beat long before the game is over because so much of basketball is mental.

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

after watching last night, i don't think we get to 50 without significant roster upgrades

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hard to argue with this assessment at this point. no where near the optimism I had last year.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

That's the over/under of days till the fans and media will be chanting to fire our shinny new coach.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The health of half the rotation players on this team is too questionable for me to make lofty predictions. AS CONSTRUCTED, 48 wins would be a success to me.

What can also help is top Western teams like OKC and the Spurs regressing losing their great players or are aging, which helps Rockets overall record.

But then there's always a surprise low-rated team that gets better as well. Kings, Nuggets, Wolves, Suns, Jazz etc might not be playoff contenders, but can be improved enough COLLECTIVELY to add 2-4 more losses than usual. East doesn't have as many easy teams anymore. So I don't see it as Rockets just outpacing/outshooting everyone, they need to legitimately hit on all cylinders to get wins

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

In regard to the title

No
    And then
    Yes

7. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I said 48 wins and a close first round loss. I haven't seen reason to doubt that prediction yet (for better or for worse). But it's way, way early.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Really what is everyone's love affair with DMo. Man this team will be a legit half court offense with or without Dmo.

9. lastreg

lastreg Member

35~40 win miss post season

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We could easily win 50 plus games this season.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As you can see, one preseason game against a Chinese league team has helped everyone reach consensus on this matter.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

My prediction is not based off of one preseason game. It's based off of Harden being more focused and more driven to excel.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

40s win on paper. But with Harden..

We badly need a shooting 4 that can play D.

14. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

47 ,but we will advance in playoffs.

15. kreem

kreem Member

I would say about 48 wins and we lose in the WCF to the Warriors or Clippers

Patrick Bev " Harden will win Mvp and lead us to the NBA finals"

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

These are really big numbers. Guys like Nene are ready to get hurt at a moments notice.

17. Handles

Handles Member

If we happen to win 50 games, Harden better win MVP because it will be solely his back that carries us there.

I'm setting my expectations at 43 or 44 wins. I don't trust the health, defense, or depth of our roster.

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

and it starts..............

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"> Shootaround update: Patrick Beverley is out tonight with left knee soreness.</p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="">October 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I like the optimism. Still thought it was funny seeing some polar opposite predictions from multiple posters.

This team could go many directions. No expectations from me!

20. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member