1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you actually believe anything posted in the D&D anymore?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dntrwl, Feb 26, 2008.

?

Do you believe anything in the D&D right now?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. Sometimes

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  1. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Lots of stuff in here that seems like pointless political garbage. Does anyone actually believe anything posted anymore besides the people that post here every day? Seems like people are so deep into their affiliation that they will believe anything accused of someone like say...I don't know...

Some white guy blowing Obama while he does crack

That being said, I'd read more here if there was another debate over something like:

Weed
    Darfur
    China
    The Muslim Bias on ABC one was good!

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

The secret is picking your battles. Not everyone is interested in an intellectually stimulating debate, many are just looking for a 'reaction', and they keep coming back for more every time they get it. So "know your audience" and know the "who is who" of the D&D, and you just might learn a thing or two, not to mention it will be easier to navigate through the forum.

Oh, and stay out of the partisan stuff, the overwhelming majority of those threads that bash one side or the other are for trolls and those who let themselves be goaded into responding, so there is little/no value in any of them. My advice is to stay out of them altogether, regardless of how strongly you feel about the topic; we have quite a partisan crowd here (left and right).

So if you're new here, welcome...

3. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Steps necessary to get through threads in the D&D.

Open thread.

Grab this

[​IMG]

and apply to initial post liberally.

Enjoy! :D

4. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

You mean conservatively you commie pinko. :mad: :mad:

:D

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

why can't it be "apply moderate amounts and enjoy"?

:p

;)

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I dunno. I thought the nuclear weapons topic would be interesting to some foreign policy geeks. Especially with Dubya shaking things up with our rivals and enemies.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think a lot of posters who criticize the D & D don't spend enough time here and get hung up as soon as they see some of the inflamotory sputim being hurled. There actually is a lot of good and interesting info that gets posted here and given the diversity of backgrounds and interests there is a lot of interesting stuf. I mean you've got libertarian Jesus Freaks debating NASA obsessed quasi-Buddhist now that's bound to be interesting.

Anyway I don't see how anyone can bag on the D & D for being inflammatory and phony but put up with the truckloads of garbage on the GARM.

8. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Then you should go start a thread about why weed should be legalized. Seriously, if you want to see these things make a thread.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Plus there's been several threads on the subject.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We're monkeys flinging poo at each other. What in the hell do you expect? Shakespeare?

Impeach Bush and Save us from Canada!

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've flung my typewriter from time to time, but give me a thousand more years.

12. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

[​IMG]

:)

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Let's put it this way as far as the original question: Do you actually believe anything posted in the D&D anymore?:

There are precious few in here that can cross a street safely because they look only to the left or only to the right. Not many look both ways. :D