1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do we make the playoffs? Y/N (and predict our Ws & Ls for the last 27 games)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cdrive, Feb 19, 2016.

?

Do we make the playoffs this year? Y/N

Poll closed May 29, 2016.
  1. Yes, we make the playoffs

70.7%
  2. No, we do not make the playoffs

29.3%
  1. OTMax

OTMax Member

We started a PF and gave some effort. Bev & Ariza looked very sharp, Harden was solid, Montrezl looked okay off the bench. Unfortunately Dwight & Josh haven't played up to par yet and hopefully they will find that chemistry. Josh flashing in the middle to throw lobs or kick it out to 3pt shooters hasn't happened in weeks now..Montrezl needs to get consistent minutes and with Brewer & Ty playing like crap, it would've been nice if we had another guard / wing. We had him and let him go so say whatever you want, we miss Thornton. A lot of ifs before I can say anything though. Our bench is our downfall probably.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

My gut feeling is that we will make it as the 8th seed, but I am not going to be surprised if we end up in the lottery.

3. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

i'm torn ... i hate losing, but we won't win it all this year, so why waste our first round pick for a first or at best a 2nd round exit :/

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

we'll only win against lottery teams like Suns because they'll be tanking extra hard at the end of the season

5. MistaK

MistaK Member

Did OP say that that was all Dmo was to him? NO - he just mentioned that he was the most active social media guy, which he was and mentioned that he didn't do much for the team this year, which he didn't (injured for the majority of games since end of last season and didn't do much in the games he played unfortunately).

Nobody (at least nobody who didn't hate Dmo before) is going to start hating him now - everybody knows that he was traded and that it wasn't his choice.

CHILL!

6. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I'd be happy with the team either going extreme winning or extreme losing direction. Both have positives...

If we get on a good run maybe win a series it looks better for our free agency hopes and maybe gets the team feeling better about the next year.

If we tank hard then we get more picks at a better spot and can build a stronger roster for next few years (hopefully).

Middling to 8th to get swept by the Warriors is worst case scenario.

7. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

All of Montrose wants to know how Morey tastes.

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

20-7 or 23-4

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I'd be interested to know under what special circumstances the Rockets end up playing either 81 or 83 games this season.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

OP overrated the Bulls a lot. They suck and don't even have butler for a while. I dount we lose even one of those two games.

I also doubt we lose 8 games in a row.

I think we get it rolling and go anywhere from 18-21 wins.

I would love to see a 23-4 record.

50 wins would be a major accomplishment for this team and have them highly confident heading into the playoffs.

How sweet would it be to grab that 5th seed and beat the clips or better yet that 6th seed and take down okc and maybe pull the upset over the Spurs.

We need to appeal to free agents and winning is the best way to do that.

Getting to back to back WCF no matter how slim it looks now should be the goal. I think you can sell KD on being the missing piece if we do that. Shows him were the closest to winning a chip besides joining GS.

12. wowimmagical

wowimmagical Member

the rockets can't possibly play as ****ty as they did in the first half of the season... we're locked for the playoffs hombres

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

The next 2 games are huge (against the Jazz and Blazers). If we go 2-0, I say we have a good chance. 1-1, it will be tough. 0-2 and I can't see them making it.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think we'll squeak into the playoffs, but I'm not optimistic about what will happen once we start playing a series. Thanks for making this a public poll, OP. I'm in the middle of a campaign to make all polls public and no longer vote in polls that aren't, unless Clutch starts them.