1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do we have the worst game thread fans in History?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by meadowlark, Feb 25, 2015.

1. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

I watched in amazement at the flow of stupid comments in the TWolves win...so just for entertainment decided to take a look at the Clippers game just concluded.

It seems no one in the game tonight escaped the stupid comments. We have arguably one of the greatest Rockets players ever having a potentially MVP season and we get this crap:

Late in the game Harden can barely walk; hits a clutch three and he doesn't want to win? How stupid is that?

Prigioni played great and yet we got this:

Jason Terry forced into a starting role and this is what he got:

Josh Smith missed a few shots but played a tremendous floor game and got this for his efforts:

Of course you expect the routine McHale bashing...

Even the injured Dwight Howard didn't escape the stupidity.

Its downright disgusting to read those comments.

Is there any NBA team in any city in America that gets treated the way our Rockets are treated in the game thread?

2 people like this.
  2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

agreed... that's why I don't participate in them

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This should go well...

*grabs popcorn*

1 person likes this.
  5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Any other team's message board would likely claim their's is.

1 person likes this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Every team/ forum has the haters. There were a few repeat offenders in your quotes.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yous thinks yous bedder den me?

8. Zbed

Zbed Member

I only look at game threads before the game to see what other fans' predictions are, I follow a bunch of Rockets fans on twitter and follow along there.

9. seeingred

seeingred Member

You know how you should "never read the comments section" of a news article? Well the game thread is one long, live comments section. it's where reason, respect, and thoughtful discourse go to die.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bob Barker 007

No, the Lakers have the worst message board fans. Remember, the Rockets no longer have Jeremy Lin on their team.

1 person likes this.
  11. bmd

bmd Member

I'm a pretty optimistic poster and don't post in game threads much... but when I do post in them it is to vent frustration of some sort. But that's usually if a game is REALLY frustrating. Tonight was fun and the Rockets played pretty well.

But just something to think about that maybe people aren't posting their happiness as much as their venting.

Plus, the higher the expectations there are for the team, the more anxiety people feel over every little mistake. All fans do the same thing for all teams. It's just human nature.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Honestly, whining about whiny fans is just as bad. Only one team wins it all in the end, so fans of every other team will look for problems and people to blame for s whole season. It happens in every forum. We just have so much participation that it stands out. Singling out a couple of posters out of the many in that thread just proves one thing. We have some whiny posters.

Welcome to sports.

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Call them out. I don't read them anymore. Okay I do because of group think but I also think Coach Mac is the best coach in the league.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Any discussion involving "worst" and "fans" should begin with the Lakers.

However, this being the internet, people are mostly going to post when they are drunk and/or angry.

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Probably should not take game day threads (or the Internet) so seriously.

That's free advice. Take it or leave it.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Don't judge me for drunk clutch fanning

17. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah the negativity is abhorrent. I want to jump in game threads but always get frustrated. I usually just go in and post when it's something positive.

4th best record in the NBA, but Morey sucks, McHale is clueless, Harden can't shoot, Smith is garbage and we can't play D. It's just a drag.

18. stab

stab Member

Game threads should be taken for their comedic value, and comedic value only...

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

People use the game threads like a chat room. It has been this way for a long time.

Honestly, these kinds of kneejerk posts only become problematic when they spill over into kneejerk threads. Otherwise, they are fine by me.

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No, of course not. But I would say that among all the knowledgeable, great posters, we have a few who say things that are just utterly, completely downright moronic. I mean, come on, someone actually said something like "How does Josh Smith still have a job in this league?" I mean, I don't care if you're on cocaine, mar1juana, whiskey, crystal meth, quaaludes, crack, and LSD all at the same time while suffering from a brain aneurysm as a 90 year old man with Alzheimer's. Even THAT person wouldn't be ignorant/out of it enough to make that comment.