1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do We Have A Chance Of Landing Rashard???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Apr 13, 2001.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

During this offseason the Sonics are looking to do a major overhaul of their team. Most likely, Payton will be traded as well as Vin Baker. Considering that Rashard may not want to play on a crappy team, maybe he can pick him up through a trade. Maybe we could give them Walt Williams and Carlos Rogers for him and then take a trade exception in the process.

------------------
    "I would like to live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were ever supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
    -Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest

2. clutchdream

clutchdream Member

Yeah, and you think that the sonics would do that deal,...NO WAY. They are trying to get younger and i think that Rashard is one of the building blocks of their future. They would like to build there team around Rashard and Patterson. Both Payton and Baker are getting up there in age and the Sonics know that they can get boat load of talent in return for atleast Gary Payton. So Rashard may want to hold on for a year or two to see what the team is doing. If we want Rashard, we're gonna have to give up a LOT more than Overpaid Williams and a backup in Rogers. Rashard is only 22 years old. He's gonna be a (super) star.

------------------
    Baseball is wrong, a man with four balls can't walk.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Considering that he's under contract, I don't think he has much choice.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

By himself, Walt Williams makes more money, so Seattle would be the one to take the exception. In any case, no, we have no chance of landing Rashard.

------------------
    RealGM
    Gafford Art
    Artisan Cakes

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Unless you want to lose Steve(In which case they would have to make at least a 3 for 1, Cuttino, Mo+Shandon+Mooch.

I would trade our #13 pick+Walt,Los+Milwaukee pick for He and a couple cap fillers.

But they would want more than that most probably

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion

6. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Anyone think Payton could land in DC for their 1st round pick?

I could see some kind of swap here if MJ does come back.

------------------
    "I have no regrets except that I wasn't up to keep Randy from getting on that plane."
    --Ozzy Osbourne on guitarist Randy Rhodes

7. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

DaneB, Do you not feel comftorable having Langhi as our starting small foward next year? I do. I think with the new rules in effect Langhi will blossom next year. Once Langhi gets consistent minutes he'll pick his spots and shoot without any hesitation. I don't think Rudy sees Rashard as an upgrade over Dan Langhi.

------------------

8. DaneB

DaneB Member

I think Langhi can be a solid player, but I have a feeling that it will take him a while to blossom. Not sure if it will be next year. Also, considering the fact that he is so skinny, he may start out riddled by injuries.

------------------
    "I would like to live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were ever supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
    -Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How can Rashard Lewis not be an upgrade over Dan Langhi? Rahsard is presently younger, has a better shot, rebounds better, plays better defense, has more size and is more athletic. Why should we expect this to change? Just because Langhi can jump real high and occasionally doesnt shoot an airball doesnt mean he is going to blossom next year or anytime thereafter. Im not saying he wont....in fact, I really really hope he does (I despise Walt Williams), but even if he does, I dont see how he ends up being better that Rashard Lewis.

That said, I dont really think there is any way we can get him in a trade---I dont really even think he wants to play here-- and I would be surprised to see them trade a lot of the picks unless it was for a real impact player or moving up in the draft.

------------------
    Haha.. you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is: Never get involved in a land war in Asia. Only slightly less well know is this: Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

10. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Langhi's a 6th-8th man IMHO.

Rashard is and will be a career starter.

He is everything Jay-Z said.

And I still don't buy Stevie's "He's the most athletic guy on the team" comment either.

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion

11. Holden

Holden Member

...if we had only just drafted him in the first place this would be such an unneccessary conversation. *sigh*...mirsad turkan

------------------
    make it stop.

12. a.k.a vince

a.k.a vince Member

Holden has said it all.

The Rocket don't deserve R. Lewis!!!

A tear is falling from my eye, but it's true!!!!!

------------------

13. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Jay, of course Langhi is not an upgrade over Rashard Lewis, right now! Dude, don't be silly. Especially, Considering Rashard's in his 3rd year and plays over 30 minutes a game. It's not fair to Dan to compare his game with Rashards. It's also not fair to go after Rashard Lewis when you have a player who is just as capable of filling up that void. Dan's all around abilities will earn him justifiable minutes next year. I guarantee it. Jay and vj2k, you bith have been brainwashed by watching Dan play garbage minutes. And thats understandable. But I guarantee you, by next year, you will explode with laughter at the idea of Rashard replacing Langhi! HAHAHAHA [​IMG]

Dan Langhi(rookie yr)

min Fg% pts.
    6.9 36% 2.6

Rashard Lewis(rookie yr)

min FG% pts
    7.2 36.5% 2.4
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited April 14, 2001).]

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is what you were arguing:

I was simply refutting that. Right now Rudy would certainly see Rashard as an upgrade over Langhi. I didnt say he wouldnt blossom (read the post above....i really hope he does), Im just saying the argument that Langhi is just as capable as filling the SF vacancy right now is ridiculous.

------------------
    Haha.. you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is: Never get involved in a land war in Asia. Only slightly less well know is this: Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

[This message has been edited by JayZ750 (edited April 14, 2001).]