1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do the Spurs piss anyone else off?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LelWestbrick, Dec 28, 2012.

1. grt004

grt004 Member

It pisses me off that they are SO GOOD. They almost beat the Miami Heat at American Airlines Arena with their bench!

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Do they piss me off because they have a great front office, a top 3 coach, a system that works to perfection, etc? Yes...I want that for a decade. I'm selfish though.

3. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

Yea it is like that down around Victoria where I am from.:mad:

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The Popovich Minutes Plan of keeping legs fresh (Even though the minutes get piled back on with so many postseason games). Would have to think Tim Duncan's legs is getting the benefit.

Still an amazing part is the Spurs play the 2nd fastest pace behind the Rockets. Bunch of old guys getting up and down with the YOUNGEST team in the league.

5. Dei

Dei Member

They have one of the best coaches ever. Their unis and logo are classic. Great, admirable franchise.

6. jocar

jocar Member

It's hard to hate on such a classy group of guys. When the Rox are out of playoffs, Spurs is the team I find myself rooting for.
    After the wonderful Lakers and Jazz, of course!

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

These guys have been one of the top flopping teams in the league for 10 years. They are the unsung heroes of 'superstar calls' in the 2000's. They have won playoff series based on their ability to fall down efficiently.

Parker and Ginobili may or may not be great people and great basketball players, but there is a fatal flaw that prevents me from liking them.

You can't with without being 'good', so I have to give the Spurs credit. But flopping is a dangerous weapon on a team that is already well-coached and disciplined.

8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

It pisses me off that the Rockets can't ever get to that level.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

They do what it takes to win.

I hate and admire them for that, because they have done a great job keeping things together and overachieving.

10. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

I couldn't have agreed more. They are one of the best organizations in the league.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol.... irking but does not piss me off
    those guys are deserving and the team is well managed and they don't win it all at least for half a decade now

12. supdudes

supdudes Member

They're your typical "meh" team.

Let me know when they get to the Finals

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ha! The Spurs don't piss me off, the unprecedented and embarrassing Basketball stupidity of their town's fans, combined with their perceived superiority over the Rockets in the 90s pisses me off.

Here's a story of their sheer stupidity as fans ... and remember when you read this, they don't actually like basketball; they would drop the Spurs in a second for a NFL team.

In 2006, SA newspaper posted a poll on their newpaper website for over 2 weeks. The question was: Who is the most important person of the franchise?

Where do you think Duncan ranks?

#1 is not Duncan

Now guess again
    It's RC Buford

Did Duncan get #2....no? Guess who is #2 in this 2005 poll?
    Manu Ginobody

OK, so Duncan get third.
    nope...guess who
    Popovich

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Are you sure that wasn't an "other than Tim Duncan" question? I have trouble believing even they can be that stupid.

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

No, they are stupid. When people make fun of the south it's because of Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and the city of San Antonio.

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

The only thing that gets me is the way they've somehow been able to convince their stars to accept less money than they could get in free agency. They have the typical benefit of being a star so they're already worth more than the max but they make even less.

I mean, how lucky is it that all 3 of their guys are willing to do something that almost no other player is willing to do.

17. Damion Laverne

Simply an awesome franchise!

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

I never liked the Spurs nor Duncan. They're so good because the Illuminati controls them.

19. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

The Spurs big 3 will always be a threat for contention no matter what. They are incredibly smart, loyal, hard working, & dedicated players... The only thing I hate about them sometimes is that a lot of their players tend to flop a lot.

20. conquistador#11

hell yes they annoy me! so manu invites and takes carlitos out to dinner, what do you know...out with a stomach bug. coincidence? I don't believe in them!