1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do the Spurs piss anyone else off?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LelWestbrick, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

It isn't even the owner, the Head Coach and that front office are brilliant in getting and developing talent to fit their system. They only had to seriously tank one year in the last 20 or so and they got a great return on the investment.

We are hoping Harden is capable of doing such but time will tell and I can't hate a group for being successful unless they are douche about it, which the Spurs (Tony Parker aside) haven't been.

2. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

The Spurs will miss the playoffs once one of their star players gets a season ending injury in a season with a once-in-a-generation talent.

Honestly though, I'd like to see how good the team is in the playoffs without Tim Duncan.

3. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Spurs are always a joy to watch every season. They're everything I hope this Rockets team can become.

You and me both. The Eastern conference is so much easier it's almost ridiculous. Pacers have the same record as us but they're at the top of their division. Meanwhile the highest we'll ever be is most likely third and even then we'll be fighting with Dallas for it.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I never understood the Spurs hate. Maybe I never understood it because we haven't really battled them in an important game since the mid 90s. Popovich, Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker are all likeable guys. Sure Ginobili flops, but so did Scola and most people here loved Luis.

The Spurs just seem like a tight-knit, first-class organization.

1 person likes this.
  5. rocketsmetalspd

I really hate the Spurs no matter who is on that team. Being from the RGV where this is Spur's Country along with Dallas Cowboy's Country I learned to hate the Spurs.

6. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

SA is a very good franchise from top to bottom. Owner, GM, and coach. They have the players in place to run that system and they bring in vets that are willing to fit in with what they are doing. They have had their Big 3 for a long time and they grew together in that system.

They are also a VERY lucky franchise. To win that lottery and get Duncan was the best thing to ever happen to them. If they dont have Duncan they dont win those titles, even with Manu and Tony. They were also lucky to find talents like Manu and Tony late in the draft. They have not been able to do that again (Scola could have been but they did not have room for him). Splitter is not what they thought, J Anderson is off the team, and other draft picks are only D-league material.

SA's run is over. They will remain competitive in the regular season, but they will not get past OKC, LAC, LAL, nor Memphis at this point. In 4 years they will be back to a average franchise. K Leonard is not a franchise SF to build around. They had a nice run but it is OVUH! OUR TURN

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Going from a classic and simple style jersey to something more "updated" is always a good idea.

signed.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is it just me, or have people been saying this about the Spurs for the last 4 years?

9. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

There may be less physics but simply too much chemistry.

10. what

what Member

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Maybe I'm just too young, but I don't have a reason to hate San Antonio. At all. The Lakers thrive because they're rich bastards, Utah's stood in our way again and again and Dallas is well, Dallas. The two memories I have with the Rockets and Spurs are Hakeem beating Robinson like a red headed stepchild and 13 in 33.

When you add that they're a smart, classy organization with a brilliant superstar and coach ( I've made my opinion on Duncan clear here - I view him as the 5th best player ever, ahead of Bird, Shaq, and Dream.), and I have the utmost respect for the Spurs. Hope the Rockets have as much success.

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

You are useless waste of space on this board.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't understand the Spurs hate either. Like durvasa said, we haven't played them in a meaningful playoff series since the mid 90's. And we dominated them back then. Also, during the t-mac/yao years we had the Spurs number every single time we played them. Hell, 13 in 35 came against the Spurs. We've always had success against the Spurs.

To me there are only two real franchises Rockets fans should hate: Utah and Dallas.

I think the Spurs are pretty decent. I didn't like Bruce Bowen back in the day, but they are pretty good guys now. And man it seems like Tim Duncan has been in the league my entire life and is still playing well. Great guy, great organization.

14. rocketsmetalspd

I remember when the Spurs were winning their titles and people down here were telling me I should root for the Spurs since they are from Texas. My answer to them as is always, would a Texas Longhorn's Fan root for The Aggies to win a national title?

15. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

All great organizations and company don't rebrand unless necessary. Why ruin what's good? If you notice only companies who want to be revived rebrand. How many times has the wizards changed their logo? How many times has lakers and celtics change theirs?

16. underrated015

underrated015 Member

i used to hate the spurs growing up. now, im just amazed they're going strong after all these years. noone dominates the ball. pop runs a good disciplined team.

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I agree. They are great from the owner to the manager to the coaching staff. The Rockets owner only cares about short-term gains and doesn't factor in champions are built on long-term thinking. He controls management with this thinking by telling them I want to make the playoffs. "Our goal should be to make the playoffs this season and maybe win a series or two, but we want a championship in the future."

Bye bye Fareid (we preferred the more established player in Morris and needed a center now in D-Mo). Bye bye Gay, "there's not a LeBron in every draft, Battier is the more established player." Bye bye Batum, "we wanted to get out the first round and had to rent Artest to get help now."

I don't blame Morey, he is doing the job he is assigned. It's on Le$.

Our division is stacked. Memphis, Dallas, SA and Houston. We have been right in the middle or below for the last decade because San Antonio and Dallas won't stop winning. The Hornets are rising and the Spurs need to fall. The Grizzlies and Mavericks are already on the decline.

That and success draws hate.

#37 BEAT LA, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ditto what a few others have already said. They don't piss me off nor do I hate them. The most-well-run organization in the league.

Stern, fining them for doing everything right. :rolleyes:

19. -Rockets

-Rockets Member

Classy organization, can't hate.
    Top to bottom, they have done a great job of running the franchise.

20. VBG

VBG Member

patriots of the NBA.