1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do the majority of Rocket fans hate the modern Utah Jazz and why?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HoustonForever, Dec 8, 2007.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The dirty Jazz gave the Chuckster's ring to Michael Jordan. There is no need for further explanation.

2. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

The overall Jazz legacy will always strike ire/withdrawal/acrimony because of one shot in 1997 taken by a killer white man. That shot is to this day this toughest thing to watch, and for that I will always pull extra hard for Jazz losses, no matter who they have. At the end of the decade though, we have two banners and no matter how many times they came close, they never usurped the Bulls. We end up having two of the strongest arguments hanging in our rafters, and they have none. Helps soothe the pain of the shot.

The modern Utah Jazz, defined to me by the Boozer/Williams era, so essentially the last 2 seasons, only have the playoffs on us. They stole our ticket to the WCF, and it hurt but the team wasn't built to win it all as well as now and it inspired changes that I believe are for the better. Not to say I didn't absolutely hate losing to them, because I would love nothing more than to give them first-round revenge this year. But more than the teams of the 90s, I respect them and recognize their talent. They have elite players at our two weakest spots 1 and 4, so maybe that is probably some part of the root of my envy.

The old Jazz teams I hated. The Lakers team that beat us I hated. I hate the Mavs. This team I envy more than hate. Most important thing is, that we still owe them one shot for last year's playoffs. Then we will be even.

3. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

I hate their dirty antics in games. I dislike Boozer cause he dismantled the Rockets and Yao in last years playoffs. I think he's an awesome player though and have mad respect for him. He must have worked extremely hard on that mid range J. I like D-Will but hate it when he plays Sacramento or Houston.

4. HoustonForever

Do you mean the Lakers of '90/'91 or the Lakers teams of '99 and '04?

5. HoustonForever

I really appreciate everyone's contribution to this thread. Nothing has degenerated into a flame war towards any poster. Interesting responses.

6. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

It's just not a Jazz thread until we see the traditional picture of Karl Malone With A Nail Through His Head.

7. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I don't hate the current Jazz like I hate the stock/malone Spazz. I have high respect for D-Will, he seems like a good guy just stuck on a bad-guy team. I don't really hate any team per se, that title is reserved the mavs. I just dislike them. They have some dirty and physical players but not anywhere as bad as the mavs.

8. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

i've always hated the jazz since the stockton and malone days. used to feel better about malone, until he was being an ass on the olympic dream team and tried to intimidate some foreign players. so it's been at least 10 years of disliking them.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Part of the reason is there are no trash-talking Jazz fans on this forum to provoke the worst out of people.

10. blackistan

blackistan Member

Its not just the modern jazz ive hated them since malone and stockton

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I never want the Jazz to win the NBA Championship. Their flopping,and cheating hasn't changed even though they aren't as dirty when Karla and Stockton were there.
    The only time I felt happy for Karl Malone was when he established a relationship with Cheryl Ford. Having your kids back in your life is bigger than any Championship in the world.

12. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

hate them because of the reasons stated above..and because of this:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    coincidence my balls, and I dont care if I get banned for 2 weeks like I did last time I said it, the Utah Jazz organization are racist!

13. johnrox

johnrox Member

i second this. better team won in 97, no reason to hate them

14. JamesC

JamesC Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Your argument for the Jazz racism is terrible.

Anyways I hated the Jazz when they had Stockton and Malone but I like the team they have now. They arent scared to get down and dirty when they have to. Carlos Boozer is a monster in the paint and Deron Williams is one of the best pg's in the game today. Ronnie Brewer was a guy I wanted as well.

The only team I can say I dont like is the Mavs.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I never disliked the old Jazz team. I didn't like Malone, but I've always liked Stockton and Sloan. The new team I dislike more because of Boozer backstabbing Cleveland. But, I like Sloan and Kirilenko and Harpring. Williams is cool too.

Of course, they are still the enemy.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I only hated Karl Malone because he was the dirtiest players on earth.

The only team I hate is the Lakers. The only team I love is the Rockets. Other than that, I only "love" and "hate" players, not teams.

BTW, for those who hate the Jazz because they flop and whine, my question is, which team doesn't?

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

yes because they suck

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A resounding YES should be the answer.

Even though Sloan is perhaps the best coach in the League he is the main reason they are so despicable.....carrying on for generations,the gift that keeps on giving.

His teams reflect exactly how he played.

Now,toss in Larry Miller and all the other whiners that have been snatching up tickets at the Delta Center for years,our history with them,Stockton,Malone,etc.........It's just a recipe of madness when looking at the last 20 - 25 years.

19. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

LOL. pwned.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I can't stand Kirilenko or Okur. I dislike Boozer on the court due to how demonstrative he is. He just comes off like a d#ck. Of the court, Boozer seems like a good guy. Deron Williams is first PG I would take if I could have any in the league (much of that due to his young age).

Overall, I dislike the Jazz quite a bit but not as much as I hate the Mavs or the Suns.