1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do something without the ball, Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Rockets did have a 4 on 3...stopped reading your bullsh*t after the 1st paragragh...keep it pushing

2. Caprah

Caprah Member

This clown texasasianfan is actually ashleym who lives in Hong Kong but somehowis a Texan Asian fan lol another crazy lin fan with mega mental problems

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

He doesn’t disappear;he’s covered by 2 members of the opposing team, thats why you cant see him.
    He’s there if you look close enough....

I did notice though that we tend to throw bricks up when left unguarded for more than 4sec.......:eek:

bulkatron and Patience like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That play does not represent what I am talking about. In that particular play, I can admit that Harden should try to incorporate himself into the play. In that particular situation, they were playing 4 on 4 which obviously is an even match up.

How about this play:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0rcEO6UWNhI?start=184" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harden gets rid of it quickly, defense is scrabbling to get back to Russ, Russ penetrates and has a wide open Rivers. Even Draymond was sagging, but he was quick enough to recover on PJ in the corner.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0rcEO6UWNhI?start=229" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How about this one. Harden gets rid of it at half court, Russ has options, he actually had two people wide open when he sucked the defense in as he drove in.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0rcEO6UWNhI?start=328" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is another.

Two of these led to made baskets. I don't know where to download the game to find the multiple plays where shooters missed baskets.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Should be noted the rockets had 88 points through 3 quarters

Looks like they got gassed/lost their legs.

Also nobody is talking about giving up 116 to the warriors. That's atrocious.

MrSabotage, Patience, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I've mentioned the bad defense a few times already. That's what lost us the game. Sometimes you miss shots, but when you can grind it out because of good defense, bad offensive nights do not worry you as much.

That's what made us so damn good a few years ago. Even when we had bad offensive nights, we could pull out wins due to great D. I miss that line up of Luc, PJ, Ariza, Harden and Paul. That was some stifling D.

D-rock, BaselineFade and Mr. Clutch like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Kind of my issue .. . . .him moving around . . .for what purpose
    to make a "more open" shot?

If he no taking the shot . . . . he working for someone else to get an open shot
    If they not hitting . .. they not hitting.

HE he taking the shot. . . people gonna b**** about him not involving the rest of the team

"It's hard to find a rhythm . .. when you just watch and don't get a chance to handle the ball . . .players need to touch the ball more .. . what is why they be bricking" - Old Narrative

"Well .. . they got the ball and handling it. . but Harden needs to drive more and move and get the ball back and move into scoring position . . .cause the other players should not be handling the ball more in 4 on 3 situations cause that doesn't work. " - New Narrative

LOL

Rocket River

Patience, D-rock and Blurr#7 like this.
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"I dont get the ball? ok ill just walk around the half court line and walk back on defense" - James Harden's school of basketball

People here criticize T-Mac for "giving up" during the game when Harden does this consistently.

Jontro likes this.
  9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Harden.....Great when we win!
    Harden.....Bad when we lose!

Rinse, Wash, Repeat. :confused:

Go Rockets!!!

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  10. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

This is my number 1 complaint with MDA and Harden. His refusal to act like Clay and run off some screens to get open and don't let the double team take you away from being a threat. He doesn't try to split or go by one of the defenders. He just willing accepts it and gives up. We need more from Harden and MDA. When we aren't hitting threes the players need to put their heads down and go to the rim, obtain fouls and go to free throw line.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When Klay does that for 82 games as the #1 guy . . . .then talk to me about doing it like Klay
    Klay's work load is SIGNIFICANTLY less .. . when was Klay's last 10 Assist game?

Rocket River

Patience, D-rock, Blurr#7 and 2 others like this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

It seems the people on Clutchfans want Harden to be FrankenHarden
    A chimera made with the best parts of different players
    Shoot Like Curry
    Run Like Klay
    The Defense of Gary Payton
    The PAssing of Magic Johnson
    Determination of Jordon
    Tenacity of Kobe
    The Leadership of Hakeem
    The NBA's favor of Lebron

Basically Harden has to be the best of all players
    with none of their faults or deficiencies

Rocket River

13. Mr Chuck Norris

Exactly why the **** would he run around like Klay when that was never his game. And has the carry the scoring load.

Patience, D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Look at all those cuts and screens by the other Rockets. And by looking at them I mean imagine them. Harden being more involved in this offense would mean standing closer to the 3 point line.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

While Harden is running off screen . . . .. .
    Which Rockets do you trust to get the ball to him in rhythm or on the spot?

Rocket River

Patience and D-rock like this.
  16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

one lovely ny resolution, but might not come true

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Westbrook has to be better in situations like that. Harden was brilliant again (consistently so).

number 1 culprit was lackadaisical defense. I think they fouled the warriors in 6 to 7 straight possessions at one point. They didn’t come to play plain and simple.

Patience, D-rock and Blurr#7 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Yeah I was always wondering about this, do they double harden because they think he is great or because they think his supporting cast is bad?

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have to ask yourself, wtf is Harden doing here?

GotGame15 likes this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

and the undying fan loyalty of jerry lin

Patience likes this.