1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do people yell "cheater" at home games?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by kubli9, Apr 18, 2022.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At players like Altuve, Bregman, and Gurriel ever in Houston? I live in Seattle and regularly attend the Mariner games when the Astros come to town. The past few seasons have not been fun to attend with the fans being extremely hateful towards the team due to the cheating scandal. I can understand booing, but it went way past the line where a group of guys were cheering Diaz getting hit in the hand (in front of their kids.) Anybody experienced this on the road or seen it happen at Minute Maid?

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Umm, no. We're all good here.

[​IMG]

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

4. kubli9

Supporting Member

Just wondering if there is a heckler or two ever in Houston, I hope they'd get a verbal beatdown at the least. It takes a lot of patience being an Astros fan on the road these days.

BHannes2BHonest and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Every game has the occasional road team fans, but no I haven't ever seen an obnoxious booing or screaming of cheater in relation to the "being better than everyone else" scandal or anything like that. Braves fans always show up in droves, so it's gonna be even worse now when we play them. Rangers fans used to be prominent but they went back into their caves after their 2 years of glory. There are some occasional obnoxious road fans, but I haven't seen anyone going in on it like that bc they know that wouldn't end well.

kubli9 likes this.
  6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Anyone see that ******* behind home plate laugh and clap when the foul ball hit Altuve in the head/helmet yesterday? Hard to believe that much hate comes merely from anger at players using a prohibited method of stealing signs.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

And Altuve didn't cheat. Freaking sheep. At least balance it out to all the participating members (most who have left the team), but no, it's mostly on Altuve because he was the face of the team.

Rockets34Legend, cbass, BigM and 4 others like this.
  8. kubli9

Supporting Member

I was at the game right behind the Astros dugout. I saw that and trust me there was a lot worse throughout the game. Next game I go to, I'll record an Altuve AB so everyone can hear the stuff opposing fans yell at him.

RussE and dc rock like this.
  9. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I am headed to the ATL road game in August. That should be interesting.

10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This thread is so 2020.

Handles likes this.
  11. RussE

RussE Member

It may be but the fans aren’t. They go overboard.

12. msn

msn Member

Whatever city they are in, people who yell things like this don't merit any attention. These sheep will move on soon enough to the next outrage/cancel scapegoat of choice. I prefer to interact with intelligent life forms.

tellitlikeitis likes this.
  13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

If they yell that at the redsox and yankees then fine. If it's only for Astros then they are idiots

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't at any of the games but I heard last week at the Dodgers at Twins games at Target Field Dodger fans were booing Correa.

15. msn

msn Member

or Angels. Or Brewers. Or Rockies. or... or... or...

It's baseball. Everybody cheats.

It's idiotic to whine about cheating.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That's not a story. The Twins fans should be booing Correa. After all, he still cheated, right?

17. msn

msn Member

It will be moderately interesting to see if those boneheaded sheep cheer Correa and boo Altuve or Bregman when the Astros visit Minny.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I guess it's the old adage "he may be an *******, but he's our *******"

Bregatron and msn like this.
  19. Landry's Tooth

That's interesting since a former Mariners coach admitted in the early 2000s going on for almost a decade they were recording the signs from the opposing dugout... makes you wonder how much that helped Ichiro...

Do they boo in Seattle for that one i wonder?

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Went to a SD game last season. One of the funniest and best experiences. All the booing and comments was hilarious because we would flip it back to them. They were more bothered that it wasn't fazing us. I'd definitely go to another road game there. who gives af.