1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the WEST FINALS Game 3 -- Can the Timberwolves get back in this? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Do out of state speeding tickets show up on your Texas auto insurance?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Anyone with experience-

I live in TX, and got a speeding ticket in Arkansas and one in Illinois over the holidays. If I decide to not take defensive driving and just pay the tickets, will it show up on my insurance? My insurance agent is unsure of the outcome, and Google isn't very helpful with this subject.

TIA

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I know my insurance (State Farm) checks Arkansas' DMV every so often to see if anything new pops up on my driving report. I think it really depends on if the states you got the tickets in report those tickets to other states.

Here is a link I found on the subject, pay attention to the last 2 sections:

http://autos.aol.com/article/out-of-state-speeding-ticket/

1 person likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Thanks, LP - that's helpful! Repped!

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

If you're agent is unsure, I would get a new agent.

Also, slow down. :)

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but the last person I'd go to with this question is my insurance agent. You just tipped them off to check your record.

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Hello??? The insurance agent doesn't want you to pick up ticket. Im not going to say all insurance agents are the brightest people and can accurately help you, but they should be doing everything in your best interest. High premiums means the customer will more likely go shopping.

7. codell

codell Contributing Member

Agent's don't underwrite policies, so I wouldn't be shocked that he/she didn't know.

8. Xerobull

He's my agent, not the insurance police. He doesn't give a damn about me getting tickets or not.