1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree with this. The UFA "market" is something we can discuss in economics terms as a free market economy, albeit constrained by an artificial cap on spending.

The RFA "market" not so much. It doesn't operate as closely to a free market as UFAs do. It is further constrained by one buyer being able to match any other bid, so the other buyers might not play. In that regard, they clearly have to outbid the market of the controlling buyer ... or add other disincentives to their bid like Poison Pills (Asik, Lin) or Player Options and Trade Kickers (ala Cuban stealing Parsons.) And further, early in the bidding wars, the new buyers' money is locked up for 3 days waiting on Right of First Refusal notices.

So let's not use simple economics to call the RFA market a free market like the UFA market.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lol at people bashing Dmo's agent. You have to be a well rounded scum professional when youre dealing with Morey.

You have to fight Fire with Fire.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You certainly do, because Morey can and will play hardball.

That is why I think DMo will sign the QO, he won't want to have Morey controlling where he plays (IE trade) - and he will want to be an UFA next year when the cap goes up another 8-10m per year.

DD

4. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

I hope this guy can stand up for 82 games. He cannot even have a hangnail if he wants to take this 1 year QO gamble.

This league has seen too many big men lost to injury, albeit most of them foot/knee, the leeriness is there.

Dmo vs the House.

Good luck and best wishes.

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

DMO needs to realize that he is not desired this year and if you're low market earning potential for about 8 F#CKING months of work is $4,400,000 (a sum that would take the average 2 family working household 40 years to earn) you shut the F#ck up and take it and prove you can earn a whole lot more. I don't feel sorry for athletes 1 bit when it comes to salary. These dudes make ridiculous money for what is just entertainment and if it was gone and no one had it would not alter the outcome of our lives in the least. It's not like these people are curing Cancer or protecting our borders or creating a better world. The game may bring more jobs to some major cities but that's about it. The rest is fluff. STFU DMO, take your millions and quit annoying the rest of us.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lol. What about Ryan Anderson's agent? Eric Gordon's agent? James Harden's agent? PBev's agent? Corey Brewer's agent?

I want my GM to be a good negotiator. The alternative is the NYKs. Not a penny pincher, but not throwing out crazy contracts either.

The key difference between the guys I mentioned and DMo is in the players, not the agent, or the GM.

7. TextoOkRoxFan

TextoOkRoxFan Member

Do you have an AMEN, AMEN to this!

8. DaDakota

Well I would say that Ryan and Eric are crazy contracts.....

DD

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

For the most part I agree, but they bring a lot of jobs - just imagine 7 years old chinese girl working after school & making NBA accessories, jerseys & etc. Priceless. She's not the one. Thousands of jobs.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Shut up Commie. You're worth what you can negotiate. Grow 7 ft tall and learn how to dribble.

11. DaDakota

OK, I laughed a bit...nice.

DD

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

So Morey's scum? Why don't you find another team to root for?

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This.

I don't know why people keep assuming that DMo not getting an offer is "the market having spoken." Being able to pluck an RFA from his current team means most likely having to overpay the guy, at least slightly. So basically, the "market" for a RFA is his current team.

DMo is extremely unlucky in getting injured right before he became a RFA. Nobody is going to overpay a guy who has a big question mark on his health. If this was an UFA situation, it would have been very different. The Rockets would not have just sat on their hands unless they totally gave up on him and just let him walk.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Say, wha'? What's the scum part, not having a deal in place with DMo? I want a deal done, believe the player should be paid, but hardly think DM the GM, or for that matter DMo's agent, either one is scum.

Sorry, chum, this is a scummy post you made.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How is there this much to talk about on the issue? There's literally nothing going on. There's no real story and probably won't be one for at least a week or more.

What is there to discuss?

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The new money hit some guys beautifully and KOd others. $132m or so for the two FAs left the cupboard 'bear' (market, ok???) for DMo.

Still, I hope DMo gets paid fairly enough that he doesn't sign the QO. With his injury history it would be scary for him to do so. Is 2/$16 a deal? Option for 3rd @$10 with $1m buyout?

What's faif, what's doable?

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

12 million a year . .. 10 million a year. . . is OVERPAYING!

Hell . . . The Market could say . .. HEY LET'S FORCE THE ROCKETS TO PAY HIM 8 MILLION A YEAR . . . .. or give him to us

THE MARKET simply need to make the offer THEY THINK HE IS WORTH
    the Rockets Match . . or they get him .. . . .

They don't HAVE to overpay . . . they can just sign him for what they think he is worth
    Then the Rockets have to accept or not

The Market isn't doing that because He is not worth that

I like DMo but man I have alot of questions about his health.

QUESTION: Where do people see DMo's Max Potential? Is he a 20-10 player? 15-8?
    Will he play on average 70 games a year? 60? will he be at full strength?
    Is he coming back at 100%? 90%? Will he ever be 100% again?

ONE MORE THING: DMo does not start on the current roster IMO
    Capella works better beside Ryan imo . . .. better defensive cover . . .
    and DMo does not start ahead of Ryan

Rocket River

18. Rokman

Rokman Member

You calling ME a commie?? ' I'm anything but! This dude thinks he DESERVES more than he needs to stay healthy and earn it!! That's called good old fashioned American grit! You want that money, earn it. Prove to the 29 other teams who have not offered you more by playing your ass off this year and staying healthy, then he'll get that Jack! He hasn't proven anything in a year and a half and is batching about making $4.4 million bucks for some bull$hit work that where I come from is a game. A kids game. If he can make $25 million a year for being a said on the court good for him but he isn't so he needs to STFU and so do you!

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He stays true to form.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

RFA's that other teams are interested in get contract offers from other teams. It's not a surprise that a guy coming off back surgery isn't getting offers.

RFA isn't a hinderance. His health is.