1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. opticon

opticon Member

DMO is not going to miss game checks. Wednesday October 26 is our first game. It would not shock me if a deal is not done till the Monday before than.

2. craguin

craguin Member

Minnesota currently shows $10,410,261 in cap space [per The Vertical].

[ edit: removed Spotrac max cap space (renounce cap holds) number = $13,331,554 -- Damjan Rudez signed with Orlando Magic ]

They'd have to waive and stretch Pekovic' contract over the next 5 years to create more cap space:

#682 craguin, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Vivi likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

He is, Taylor already stated that Pek won't play for them this season.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That number is conveniently exactly what Minn can pay if they rescind rights to Tayshaun Prince and Othyus Jeffers.

That gives them $13.333m x 3yrs = $37m exactly

So, Mr. Motiejunas "rumor" is likely someone who is speculating on Minny's max cap times 3 years. Actually, the max offer would include 4.5% raises.

@craguin

Spotrac is not up to date, and TheVerticle gets their numbers from them (I believe).

Damjan Rudez signed with Orlando on Sept 8th. So, that freed up $1,199,000.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/magic...johnson-cliff-alexander-damjan-rudez-20160908

6. heypartner

They don't need to do that. The fans speculating on 3/$37m happens to be exactly $13,333,000 times 3. It is Minny's salary cap room times 3 years. All they have to do is rescind their rights to Tayshuan Prince and Othyus Jeffers -- which are both vet minimum holds.

craguin likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, good catch. I mean, I could see Minnesota doing it, but I have to question if the rumor has anything to it.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Now that the QO has expired, what if BJ can't find a buyer to give him a decent contract that is compatible to the QO? Is he going to come back to Morey and say, "Hey, I'm sorry, I forgot the deadline was last Saturday. Can we sign now?"

Yule C

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, Morey will come back at 3 million.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nah, then he would have a cancerous player on his hands, that would be stupid business.

DD

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Right, I'm not being serious, I mean that'd be low even for Morey standards. It'd definitely be around QO (assuming no other team involved etc. to match).

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Fair enough. I was honestly hoping for something on the 3/24 range, because I think he's tested the market and the market isn't biting.

13. nobie

nobie Member

How is D'Antoni so sure that DMo will comeback???

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

13m, see ya later Dmo

15. heypartner

Mark Berman / Fox 26 Sports talked to Armstrong. But nothing new. Other than looks like DMo wasn't willing to bet on himself on 1yr QO, but wants some insurance now, obviously much above QO.

Motiejunas' agent talking with Rockets, other teams -- Posted an hour ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    HOUSTON (FOX 26) 1:36 CDT
    B.J. Armstrong, the agent for restricted free agent forward Donatas Motiejunas, said the lines of communication with the Rockets remain open while he also talks with other teams.

The Rockets qualifying offer of $4.4 million is no longer on the table because it has expired. Since Motiejunas is a restricted free agent, he can accept an offer from another team

However, the Rockets retain the right to match any offer he gets and keep him.

"We understand where they are at and what they'd like to do," Armstrong told FOX 26 Sports. "I think they understand what we would like to do. At this time neither side is willing to accept what each is discussing. We will continue to negotiate with the Rockets and other teams.

"We're going to continue to work this out and move forward."
    Rockets general manager Daryl Morey has yet to comment on his talks with Armstrong.

Head Coach Mike D'Antoni said Sunday he would like Motiejunas back with the Rockets sooner rather than later.

"It's a tough situation," D'Antoni said [on Sunday]. "They've got to take care of business on both sides and hopefully we can get him in here, sooner the better obviously for us, but he has to do what he does. He's not here obviously. We can play around that.
    "When they can agree and get the business part over with, we'll integrate him in pretty quick."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------​

16. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

FWIW 3/37 comes out to $12,333,000 per not $13,333,000., although I do tend to agree that this is someone making a guess rather than a real report (and I think the person guessing is a CF poster as I haven't seen a tweet or article referenced).

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because he wants him back and he's restricted. There's not an offer DMo could get that MDA wouldn't get Morey to match so really it's just a matter of time. If he got the 13 mil a year offer from Minnesota, Houston would match it.

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

Match everything under 15M/y, at worst he would be a good piece for a trade.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Not that this has any legs, but no way Minnesota stretches Pek and has him on their books for the next 5 years, when he's likely relatively tradeable (if they need cap space) next offseason, with just the one season left.

If they were going to do it, while I can see DMo fitting in there, they aren't doing it to sign DMo to $13+ million a year.

20. nobie

nobie Member

that makes sense