1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, you need to call DMo and get him on the court. Unfortunately he doesn't do anything sitting on the couch with no contract.

Also Anderson (and I'm not a fan of him much either vs DMo, especially with what they paid him) has more than 50 or so games of contributions to an NBA team. And yesterday's pre-season game doesn't mean anything. Going off of that Wiltjer is the GOAT from 3 ;)

Regardless though, DMo would be nice for QO and if he proves the nba wrong and is better than current players would be nice vs overpaying for Anderson. Unfortunately if he comes in and makes Anderson useless... Then good luck unloading his contract.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well this is what happens when you flip flip flip, players don't necessarily want to play or trust you.

DD

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. Mr. Motiejunas

Rumor: Minnesota and Dmo closing in on a 3/37m Offer sheet. Stay tuned, Yull C.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Is that a joke? Do they have that much cap room?

DD

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL

6. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

So what's the deal with D-Mo? Preseason has started, when is the deadline for him to accept the QO?

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I really like Wiltjer. Much more than Harrell.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Interesting

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Technically depending how the contract was setup they could... Showing like 10 million but not sure if that takes into account garnett retiring. They also have a lot next year falls to like 40 million free this summer. I'd see the 76ers doing it, I mean if we're just going to throw stuff out there. But maybe Mr DMo knows something.

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I'd match him at 3/37. There's enough upside to justify it.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure if serious

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He was our 2nd best player in 14-15 with Dwight out and that money is starter/6th man money under the new cap. You're always going to do better by matching that kind of deal rather than letting them walk for nothing.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Only way i'd match that offer is if the second and third years aren't fully guaranteed.

Dom failed a physical that resulted in a failed trade. Those guys don't get full 3 year deals.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would think not, but maybe they could create it?

15. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Depends on whose story you believe. D Mo's version is that he passed the physical but then they got cold feet.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

we've heard the same things over and over about what he did seasons ago for a stretch of the year. That in no way demands anyone to pay someone like him with all the red flags a long term contract at 10mil +. All the dmo only fans need to wake up and take the situation for what it really is and be realistic. It shouldn't take this long in the first place

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

lol, I am not a D Mo only fan....

18. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

The Wolves have enough room especially with Pekovic out.

The third year has to be a team option, because I would think they would want to max out Wiggins

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

I didn't mean to call you one specifically haha. Just saying in general

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.fox26houston.com/sports/209371071-story

HOUSTON
    - B.J. Armstrong, the agent for restricted free agent forward Donatas Motiejunas, said the lines of communication with the Rockets remain open while he also talks with other teams.

The Rockets' qualifying offer of $4.4 million is no longer on the table because it has expired.

Since Motiejunas is a restricted free agent, he can accept an offer from another team.

However, the Rockets retain the right to match any offer he gets and keep him.

"We understand where they are at and what they'd like to do," Armstrong told FOX 26 Sports. "At this time neither side is willing to accept what each is discussing. We will continue to negotiate with the Rockets and other teams.

"We're going to continue to work this out and move forward."

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey has yet to comment on his talks with Armstrong.

Head Coach Mike D'Antoni said Sunday he would like Motiejunas back with the Rockets sooner rather than later.

"It's a tough situation," D'Antoni said. "They've got to take care of business on both sides and hopefully we can get him in here, sooner the better obviously for us, but he has to do what he does. He's not here obviously. We can play around that.

"When they can agree and get the business part over with, we'll integrate him in pretty quick."