1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

We know that...how?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well....If DMo was going to accept the QO before the end of the month, he'd have accepted it already and if the Rockets were going to offer him an acceptable long term deal, he'd have accepted it by now. Unless either the Rockets come to him with a long term deal that he's willing to accept of he decides to accept the QO early.....I mean what else is there?

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Well... It's either that, or..... he doesn't like camp, his agent is too busy with his guys that are marketable and actually on the court, or DMo is retiring. Hahah, so... Actually DMo isn't worth it per market due to injury and no teams are jumping to sign him once he lost value in failed Detroit trade + injury history.

He Has to prove he's passed injury for a real salary and I think concern is that his back might not be going great and probably won't last a season for real payoff.

Now lets all repost this for another 20 pages. YAY DMo!!!

J.R. likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That makes sense earlier, but now he's a actual camp hold out.

You'd think as soon as you go so far as holding out from camp, the two sides would talk. Either Watkins is being fed bad info or Morey is cold-blooded and doesn't care to end the hold out

#364 heypartner, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I see it as both sides playing hardball. Morey knows that the holdout won't last longer than tomorrow and DMo's camp is holding out hope for a last minute compromise.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, even though players are getting Paid now, I really hope Morey is cold-blooded on this, this isn't a kobe retiring party, and Les couldn't even pay hakeem at the end so.... DMo needs to do more than a small stretch of games and a failed physical to warrant a holdout.

He's going to take the QO eventually and probably get traded later. I mean unless D'Antoni isn't just making **** up about value and PT, then... Maybe could fix relationship.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If DMo accepts the QO, then he can't be traded. At that point he could only be cut and would be an unrestricted FA at the end of the season.

8. opticon

opticon Member

Dmo's only leverage is to hold out till the rockets offer the deal that he wants.

The qualifying offer is player friendly and the rockets prefer Dmo to not take. Dmo wants a offer good enough to justify him not opting for free agency next year and taking the qualifying offer.

However the rockets don't won't to compete against the selves and over pay.

I think BJ and team are going to play this the way Anderson Varejio did years back. Side show Bob just refused to sign till the cavs gave in a little and he had to give in a little as well.

I think the key to a deal getting done is Dmo agreeing to some of the years of the new deal being partially guaranteed.

Not a insider just my two cents

ISOBall likes this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I thought he could be traded after certain period if he agrees to the trade terms. Or is that only if he gets a offer from another team and houston matches?? Or if they renegotiate QO since it wasn't signed and sign to different contract he could also be traded later (not just 1 year term).

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he signs the QO he essentially has a no trade clause. The only way Morey is able to trade DMo at any point is if he gives him a long term deal.

CCity Zero likes this.
  11. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Why is he not signed to a huge contract already? This guy is the next Duncan.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Signing the QO looks more and more likely when it gets to the Oct 1 deadline. If he doesn't sign, he risks wasting a whole season without getting a chance to prove himself. The Rockets is in a position of strength in this negotiation.

13. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Dmo is in limbo! He is not happy with upcoming role,and he knows this would be 2014-2015 all over again (DH,TJ injury situation), NeNe will be done by December ,and Andersen right about All Star weekend , so I don't think he want to break his back again,and watch WCF from hospital bedo_O, and worry who is going to pay his medical bills in the Summer?:rolleyes:

14. alethios

alethios Member

All I know is the dude better get his ass into camp pronto or not at all.

15. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

THANKS 4 THE SPOILERS BRO

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Duncan Donuts :)

Yaosthirdleg and pippendagimp like this.
  17. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Anybody seen a The Grey?

Dmo and Morey are about to go at it! like in the last scene of the movie.

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Flight to China?

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, nevermind. For some reason, I got it stuck in my mind that we were playing the Sharks in Shanghai first.

But we leave next week, instead.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So does the QO expire today or tomorrow night?

DD