1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO showed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by binvegas, Jul 19, 2012.

1. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Better than Barganai and even Gasol. However not as good as a a future Dirk unless he works his tail off. Whats' your opinion.

2. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

...in the summer league. Let's wait to see what he can do on a consistent basis during the regular season then we can make conclusions.

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

He was much better than I had thought.Lot of learning to do and needs to bulk up some,but I think he has star potential..He is way ahead of Myers Leonard and just flat out abused him a couple of times with some great post moves. He could be dominating in a few years if he commits himself.He needs to get in the gym with Dream and start learning now.

4. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

DMo surprised me a lot in the summer league. He could be better than Gasol in the future, but for now he is not even close....

5. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Maybe I should based on potential don't see much Dirk as of yet though.

6. darmor90

darmor90 Member

I was very impressed with his post moves for a young dude. Rebounding was good enough too. I hope he continues to learn; he looks promising.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Very long, great energy, great touch around the basket, uses both hands, advanced post moves for his age, runs the floor VERY well for a 7-footer, maybe better than any I've seen, pretty good shooting touch. His ceiling is somewhere in the range in between Pau and Nowitzki but that does NOT mean he is guaranteed to get there by any means. Still has a ways to go and some inconsistency to hammer out. Has to give 100% on and off the court at all times.

8. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

With Jonas being such a scrub in the Olympics it would have awesome to see how Donatas stacked up on that team and against quality competition. All we got to see was a crap polish league and the summer league filled with rookies+no names.

9. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Ill give you Bargnani, never been sold on him, but Gasol too? nah, Donuts will have a ways to go before being on his level also, but his ceiling is through the roof

DMo outside range is more natural than Gasol and inside game could be more polished when its said and done, but like all the great players, you have to be dedicated every summer

10. jacoby

jacoby Member

Gasol would score 40 points in a summer league game by accident.

11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I think he could be everything Bargnani is, and better. He was a number one pick after all. Never lived up to the hype, however.

Pau Gasol? That's really pushing it. Marc? Negative.

He'll be a starting forward on our squad in no time, I think.

12. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

I came in expected a video...

13. anchel

anchel Member

Mm, not very long. Unfortunately, Donatas will never have Gasol's superelite length / frame.

Jonas is not playing very much, but I wouldn't say "being a scrub". His coach being criticized for not getting him more involved. Btw, Jonas' second part of season with Lietuvos was pretty good.

14. ashiin

ashiin Member

One thing I noticed with Dmo was that he's always looking for a run at the basket, and sometimes forget to get in position to rebound. But overall he's so promising I hope we don't trade him.

15. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

If there's one thing I've learned watching the Rockets the past 14 years it's this: Summer League doesn't tell much of anything about how a player will perform in the regular season.

Nonetheless, I saw enough of D-Mo to feel hopeful about his prospects on the Rockets.

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

that 'you'. 'we' had the option of watching Euroleague. :grin:

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

this.

18. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

John Lucas tore up the Summer League a few years ago.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

except Donatas will never have as hard to block a jumper as Bargnani does. Much shorter arms.

i could see a similar upside, but i expect a better Jason Smith from the Hornets, who's a good player and a lot like Donatas but different from Bargnani, if you watched the Hornets this season.

Gasol comparisons are ludicrous. Same old "what tall Euro player can I compare him to?" very different. Gasol's much more gifted athletically and a dominant player in Europe at Donatas' age.

1 person likes this.
  20. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I thought he was clear when he said that he believes Motie's ceiling is Gasol. Since when did "ceiling" come to mean "current level of play"?

Unless you're comparing Gasol's rookie year in the summer league to Motiejunas's rookie year in the summer league. If you were, you weren't very clear about it.