1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo is on Inactive List -- Is a Suspension Coming? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 8, 2016.

?

Do you think DMo is about to be suspended

1. hmm....Looks like it

47 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. No, he'll just stay on the Inactive List

26 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. More DMo Threads

42 vote(s)
    34.1%
  4. Research What is Happening Here People

8 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He can be suspended for failure to report in the required 2 days. He first must be put on the Active or Inactive List. Of course, putting him on Inactive List could just be a procedural thing to keep FREN active.

You decide. Here's the info. Tell us how you vote

Feigen got that list from the Official Scorer's Report, which is the official list of players that the teams submit.

here: NBA Official Scorer's Report Wednesday, December 07, 2016 Toyota Center, Houston, TX

------------------------------------------------------
    From Larry Coon

Larry Coon already made a point that DMo is considered under contract and can be disciplined

It’s important to note here that the rules for restricted free agency say that when a team issues a first refusal exercise notice, the player and team “…shall be deemed to have entered into a Player Contract." ... and the Rockets have all the rules related to player discipline for failure to report at their disposal -- Larry Coon http://cbafaq.com/blog/?p=381

From the NBA Constitution

SECTION 6
    PLAYER LISTS AND ROSTERS​

6.05. Suspended List.

(a) Any Player on a Team’s Active List or Inactive List may be suspended by the Member employing him or by the Commissioner for failure to discharge his contractual obligations, or for failure to comply with training schedules or other disciplinary rules or procedures.

(c) Any Player who is suspended by his Team may be placed on his Team’s Active List or Inactive List during the term of the suspension. If a Player has been suspended by his Team for more than three (3) games, the Member may, following the third game of the suspension, transfer the Player from the Active List or Inactive List to the Suspended List and substitute a Player in his stead.
    From the CBA

Here is the compensation that can be removed from the contract. It reads like a Suspension is not necessary, his refusal to render services is enough.

ARTICLE VI
    PLAYER CONDUCT
    Section 1. General.

... when a player fails or refuses, without proper and reasonable cause or excuse, to render the services required by a Player Contract or this Agreement, or when a player is, for proper cause, suspended by his Team or the NBA in accordance with the terms of such Contract or this Agreement, the Current Base Compensation payable to the player for the year of the Contract during which such refusal or failure and/or suspension occurs may be reduced (or, in the case of a suspension, shall be reduced) by 1/110th of the player’s Base Compensation for each missed Exhibition, Regular Season or Playoff game.
    Here Coon is pointing what appears to be a 30-day time bomb. Reads like DMo can pack his bags and go fishing in January, and not get credit for the season, if he's still holding out.

Further From Larry Coon

And it could get worse for him. The CBA also says a player shall not receive credit for a year of service for any year in which he “…withholds playing services called for by a Player Contract or this Agreement for more than thirty (30) days after the Season begins.” -- Larry Coon http://cbafaq.com/blog/?p=381

#1 heypartner, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

His ass is Lithuanian grass. And Morey needs to cut the yard one more time before hanging it up for winter

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

D-Mo is about to show the world he is on Royce White's level.

Whereas Royce White was trying to draw attention to mental health issues in sports, D-Mo is trying to draw attention to the lack of reading comprehension in sports.

I expect BJ Armstrong will push for players' rights to not understand CBA or contracts, instead using simple gestures like "gut feelings" or "but like, come on can we just have this thing added to the contract as well please?" in order to reach agreements.

#3 flamingdts, Dec 8, 2016
  4. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

First !!! :D
    Another Dmo thread continue

FTW Rockets FTW and wizkid83 like this.
  5. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Hopefully they've already gauged who was at fault first... DMo or BJ, so that to completely burn bridges here... I'm gonna think if a suspension does happen, it's DMo's fault, and it's finally apparent he doesn't want to be in Houston,really. (highly unlikely since he didn't get offers or entertained one prior to the NETs)... If anything else happens, its the Wasserman group trying to save face here...hoping DMo won't just drop them because of how his offer sheet signing was incorrectly interpreted or negotiated for him.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm such an idiot, I thought research was the right idea. I'm clearly in the minority which means I didn't even get my grade 10.

7. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Somebody needs to call Dmo and let him know he's on the inactive list because I can guarantee you BJ didn't.,

While you're at it, let him know like he has a physical to attend, man.

vator, Vivi, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  8. heypartner

Added another Clause to the OP from the CBA detailing Compensation at risk, plus just to show how it stresses once again that refusal to render services is written all over this CBA, NBA Constitution and in the Uniform Player Contract itself.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think Rockets give him(andBJ) one last chance to blink before they throw him into unpaid limbo.

Let's see how low, the BJ and Dmo can go.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

His punishment must be more severe.

JeffB likes this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I wish i could have voted for all the poll options

12. BackdoorHarden

8 out of 10 threads on Clutchfans.net is DMO thread

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

So after three games of being suspended the Rockets can get another roster spot?

14. heypartner

Oh, it can get much worse. [Below added to OP]

--------------------------------------------
    Here Coon is pointing what appears to be a 30-day time bomb. Reads like DMo can pack his bags and go fishing in January, and not get credit for the season, if he's still holding out.

From Larry Coon

And it could get worse for him. The CBA also says a player shall not receive credit for a year of service for any year in which he “…withholds playing services called for by a Player Contract or this Agreement for more than thirty (30) days after the Season begins.” -- Larry Coon http://cbafaq.com/blog/?p=381

#14 heypartner, Dec 8, 2016
    craguin and snowconeman22 like this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That section 3 looks harsh, but upon closer inspection the team only has that level of control 30 days after the start of the LAST season covered by his contract.

Since DMO's deal is a 4 year deal that means we couldn't invoke that punishment for a long time.... UNLESS the CBA means the last Guaranteed year in which case he is in big poo poo soon. BUT given that Coon's reports doesn't expressly state this, I'm going to assume it means at the start of year 4 of the contract. And God help us all if we are still waiting for a resolution then.

16. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

First page on a dmo thread this is the most exciting day of my life. I want to send a shout out to all those sources of inspiration that made me the man I am today.

Remlap and BigMaloe like this.
  17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

That's how I read it too.

Itd be an odd rule - ONLY about a LAST season of any contract - and no other season. Why so specific on just a long holdout only at beginning of a FINAL year, like it cant happen at ANY time lol? Gonna need clarification on the word "Last", on why its in that rule.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm hoping they just part ways so that he can play somewhere this seaon.

19. heypartner

Coon's CBA quote says nearly the same thing, but he ellipses it out. For him to pull that specifically for his DMo article means the 30 days is in play.

I'll try to get clarification.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. heypartner

Clarification. Coon quotes is about any season, the 30 days means that the one nullified doesn't count towards tenure or completion of a year of a term....it's like it never happened. That other quote is about the specific last season prior to Player becoming a free agent. I deleted it from the OP.

#20 heypartner, Dec 8, 2016
    DonKnock, Shroopy2 and justtxyank like this.