1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO connundrum - my authentic article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by amazingskills, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Very authentic thanks OP.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think we can stop making the silly Dmo to Anthony Davis comparison

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LMFBO your kidding right?

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

5. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

UPDATE...

9. DMO is perhaps already traded/promised to another team

6. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

exactly my point... and this is because? Kawhi got the opportunity to showcase his best talents....

they are not wild...perhaps they are not true but may very well be and these are all things/practices NBA managers/owners(as well as managers/owners in other areas of life/business) regularly do...

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I feel at this point that to make it the Western Conference PlayOffs there's really no other way than to develop Dmo, he has the b-ball IQ and quickness, to become more sure of himself on the block. Smith is great but isn't the answer at PF for this current team. Dmo also provides that other big distraction so that Dwight can operate better.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

He had 13 shots last night but only made 5. That's probably what he shows in practice

9. alethios

alethios Member

I stopped reading at the misspelling of conundrum. Any writer worth his salt will take pride in such things.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I addressed most of this conspiracy theory in comment #18 in this thread. Unless you can provide good factual examples of teams hiding talent and players being stupid enough to not know any better, then I'm pretty sure you're trolling the board. In this day and age it's so easy for stuff about programs to come out, that no one would risk doing this.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You also still haven't addressed elite, like how good you think DMo is? Which Mr. Clutch clearly asked you. I mean unless you agree with my assessment that you think he's better than Anthony Davis... I am just going off of your other thread where you told me essentially that "AD couldn't stop DMo, if DMo was getting regular touches". I find that hard to believe because to me Anthony Davis is looking like a superstar, while DMo is looking a little better than average (and that's only if you look at his good games).

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'm gonna let $12 million figure it out

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Drugs must be far more potent now. People calling D-Mo budding max player with an elite post game? Damn there is a lot of stupid in this world...

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The amount of hype Dmo is getting is ridiculous

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I just want to make sure everyone knows I'm not on some silly DMo bandwagon, LOL.

I think sometimes it's funny how players can be selected by fans and they wish they could will them to being the next superstar... I am letting you guys know right now I'm like 99% sure DMo and elite will never be in the same sentence, unless we're comparing him to non-NBA players or something, haha (like say DMo goes to the local gym and dominates). The only reason I'm at 99% and not 100%, is I'm a Rockets fan and if he were elite on our team all the better... But let's be honest it's not going to happen.

I think if these DMo fans continue it's going to be like Lin 2.0, but DMo hasn't even done what Lin did in NY.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair, I accept your opinion.

It's my opinion that you aren't very good at talent evaluation, not that DMo will ever be a superstar, but if you can't see that he's got an amazing combination of plus defense, plus size, and a plus post game then I'm not sure what you are looking at.

17. Progs

Progs Member

Very well said Bobby.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hmm, I might have been a bit harsh on my post... I think DMo definitely has basketball skills and helps the Rockets. I just think it's silly there's people claiming he's some hidden super elite star on here. I think if DMo continues to develop he'll be a solid contributor to any team in the NBA, and it's clear without him the Rockets would have been in even more trouble when Howard was out too, especially since Jones continues to be out. The only thing positive these injuries did was allow DMo to get his shot and make more people realize he can actually contribute. I just hope they continue to let him develop and don't hide him on the bench once Jones is back.

19. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Let me see. After DMo's hot streak.
    1 - Dwight return.
    2 - Papa got injured
    3 - Brewer joined
    4 - Smith joined

Thats 4 players that is getting major minutes. And 2 players added to the scoring depth chart above DMo.

Until Mchale put DMo to lead the 2nd unit. And Dwight playing more minutes with Harden. Dmo will continue have low numbers.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Define amazing.

Anthony Davis and Boogie Cousins are amazing to me.

Dmo is pretty good.