1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Very much agree, DD. I thought they were capable of this last year and after trading away PPat and Morris we would see it. Didn't happen, but clearly they both improved over the off season. And they give us at least a temporary fix to our PF spot. Both of them work better than the Asik Howard experiment.

I look forward to them improving and helping us in the playoffs.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I was impressed with his play last night. Nothing spectacular, but he was very active. He's playing better basketball, though that one post up where he just threw the ball up was pretty hilarious. He had such good positioning when he caught the ball, but really failed from there.

I'd like to see him shoot fewer 3's.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I know he has a low percentage but I think he is actually a better shooter than he has displayed and will get better overtime as his confidence improves. If your going to spot up for three then you need to take that shot if you are wide open or else don't stand there, because if you pass it, it will be against someone who is being defended and if you try to drive you will only be driving into a harder shot.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I met him last week at a STH party, and he was cool as hell. I imagined him being socially awkward for some reason, but he was very funny and down to earth (and very attractive all cleaned up, too).

Aside from his tangible skill, I appreciate his energy and hustle.

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Said it from get.

Just needs playing time. I like him and tjones and I was glad we got bridging Patterson and Morris to make room for these two.

6. dragician

dragician Member

so happy to see him doing well. no more spikey hair...i guess that was the bad luck :).

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Russel Crowe wins again.

8. bongman

bongman Member

My personal nickname for him is Mr Roboto...

DMO arigato, Mr Roboto....

Also interesting in the lyrics of that song,

"I've got a secret I've been hiding under my skin
    My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain I.B.M.
    So if you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised
    I'm just a man who needed someone, and somewhere to hide
    To keep me alive-just keep me alive
    Somewhere to hide to keep me alive

I'm not a robot without emotions-I'm not what you see
    I've come to help you with your problems, so we can be free
    I'm not a hero, I'm not a saviour, forget what you know
    I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control
    Beyond my control-we all need control
    I need control-we all need control"

1 person likes this.
  9. RCPM

RCPM Member

Dude, step away from the bong....lol

10. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Great thread, I hope all Rocket fans appreciate Dmo.

He has been playing well, and I think the team D looks a lot better with him on the floor than it does with T Jones. Don't get me wrong, I'm not down on T Jones at all, I'm happy that we have two young pf's that are playing well. They both have such different games, and I think that is a real plus.

How many big body seven footers could have ran down that outlet pass against Minnesota, not only did Dmo run it down, but he was able to score. It looks to me like this young man has a lot of talent, I think the Rockets are set at pf for years to come, and I think you would have to get a real star player at the pf position if you were going to replace them. I don't think a small upgrade at the position would be a smart move because they both have a lot of potential for improvement.

11. Asian Sensation

Please stop. No more positive things about Dmo from you. Thanks.

12. omgTHEpotential

DMo's showing a huge improvement on the defensive end... It's really like a night and day from last year. Offensively, he's always been a stud. Just needs to cutback on threes (only shoot an occasional corner three) and concentrate on his post-game more, but I guess that's more of a coaching issue. I think DMo would love McHale use him in the post more.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The power of the jinx is unmeasurable.

Mwahahahahahaha.

DD

14. allaroundplayer

He will do better if he GETS THE BALL when he is WIDE OPEN 5 ft. & closer to the basket!!! I like how he has been calling for the ball though. He just needs to keep doing that & he will gradually become more integrated into the offense. Another thing is he needs to shoot the ball with his strong hand more & not so many right-handed shots.

15. Play07

Play07 Member

Dmo is really surprising me lately

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

DMo is quickly replacing Garcia as my 2nd favorite guy on this team. I absolutely adore him all of a sudden.

17. vator

vator Contributing Member

D. Mo played better than Jones this game. He should have gotten more minutes tonight.

18. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

17 mins for 9 pts 5 boards!

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Hard not to root for Dmo. He leaves it all out on the floor. love watching him full court press every minute he is in.

20. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

This guy should be averaging 40 points per game whenever he plays in the D-League.