1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DIY - Terrence Williams Jersey Transformation - Erasing the Disgrace

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SunsRocketsfan, Feb 27, 2011.

1. SunsRocketsfan

Like many of you I was quite disappointed at how Tmac's career ended with the Rockets by quitting. My friends and I were discussing we should have a bonfire and burn our Tmac gear. Fortunately we were all lazy since I have found a new purpose for my Tmac Jersey.

So I am going to the game next week in LA against the Clippers and needed something to wear. Couldn't wear my Yao jersey since he's most likely done. My other jersey is Tmac. Didnt want to invest anymore money on any of current players jerseys since all our players can be traded at any time.

So I decided to transform my disgrace of a Tmac jersey into a generic #1 jersey or a Terrance Williams jersey

DIY
    Start with a tmac jersey (must be the higher quality stitch kind and not the screen transfer crap)
    Use a stitch removal or some sharp small scissors

[​IMG]

[​IMG] hurts my eyes looking at it

[​IMG]
    Good riddance tmac. This actually took awhile. Damn you Tmac for having such a long last name. Another reason to hate the guy. Would have been super easy if it was Yao or Yi. Guess I'm lucky its not Douglas-Roberts

[​IMG]
    When ur done there will be some sticky residue. Use goo gone and then wash the jersey to erase the last traces of disgrace and shame.

Now I have a perfectly new wearable Rockets jersey again. Now lets just hope Twill gets some more playing time.

2 people like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Now you just need to figure out how to use those letters to spell T-Will

3. SunsRocketsfan

lol thats going to be tough. I thought about buying some heat transfer kits that you can print on a ink jet printer. Might be fun seeing T-Will's reaction since they dont even make his jersey. We are sitting right behind the Rockets bench so Im sure I could probably get a pic or autograph from him.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Douglas-Roberts?

Mensah-Bonsu? Yeah, I guess CDR is longer.

There is a person on this board that is really creative with this.

See people, this is why you buy a custom jersey. Get one with your name, or a nick name on there. You will never change your fandom (hopefully).

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Why don't you just sell it and buy a new T-Will jersey?

Not only did you waste a good jersey, your finished product will look like something you brought off a dollar store.

6. SunsRocketsfan

LOL who wants to buy a Tmac Rockets jersey??? I'll be lucky if I got a quarter for it.

Also the finished product looks great!!! Its a high quality Rockets the jersey. The front looks great and the number looks good too. The name came off perfectly you cant ever tell it was there. I took my time and the jersey is in perfect condition. Im not going to put Twills name on there with some cheap crap. I was just saying it would have been fun though.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

I thought most people were over T-mac in Houston

8. SunsRocketsfan

also i would love for you to find me a link to a Twill jersey :) Good luck

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

just put some masking tape on the back, and write someones name down.

it takes a shot at tmac. instead of masking tape, maybe you can use band aids.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4055720&cp=2482948.2806554

Or you could go to your nearest store that sells a bunch of NBA jersey and purchase it there.

And trust me, that McGrady jersey, whether you like him as a player or not, will be worth quite a bit after a while. These jerseys are not for sale anymore if you haven't realized.

11. SunsRocketsfan

tmac jersey is worth crap. If u have a real one it might be worth something. There is a reason why they are on clearance still. You can still buy tmac rockets jerseys.

Also I know about the custom jerseys. Not going to spend 80 bucks on a Twill jersey :)

12. The Situation

The Situation Member

I might do this or just put an X over McGrady with white tape since I have an authentic one

13. SunsRocketsfan

Look at all the tmac jerseys on sale here!!! anywhere from $9-$40 for a replica. Most likely they will never sell.
    Again I agree with you if it was authentic but its not.

http://www.google.com/search?client...&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf&biw=1280&bih=686

14. SunsRocketsfan

ouch.. those are pricey... might want to see if u can ebay it. Doubt anyone will buy it. Maybe u can sell it to flamingts here

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Most of them were around the 25$ range.

Saying they will "probably never sell" is baseless. I'm just letting you know you could've done a much smarter thing than destroy a good jersey and make it look like an unauthentic one.

In the end it's your jersey so you have the right to do what you want with it. Just my 2 cent is all.

16. SunsRocketsfan

It is UNAUTHENTIC. Unless you are willing to pay $200+ they are all replicas!!! Which will never be worth anything.

I bought mine on sale at a sporting goods store for $29, 4 years ago! Awesome deal since the swingman stitch ones retailed for $59-$79 at the time.

17. TimBly15

TimBly15 Member

where do you go and sell used jerseys??

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I dont get it. It'll never be a generic #1. People will know what you did and immediately think "tmac".

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Outside your house.

Like I said, your jersey, so you can do whatever you want with it.

20. il italiano

il italiano Member

haha i dont get this tmac hate. The man gave it his all and was the best player in the NBA during his time in Houston aside from his last two seasons.