1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

dish network and rockets game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wgray, Sep 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

2. wgray

wgray Member

no blame just want my rox :mad:

3. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Same for me.....didn't have FX anyway, I could live with that, 'cause at my Dad's they have comcast so I can record IASIP and watch it there off the DVR....but there is no way I can live w/o my Rockets.

4. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

5. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

omg that was ****in funny lmao!!! :grin:

6. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

Didn't know if anyone had posted some of the responses coming out... If they don't fix this I'm going to Direct TV even though its too expensive. I would turn into a real jerk if I couldn't watch my Rox

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/7227927.html

8. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not sure, I dont have Dish.

10. Egghead

Egghead Member

thats what I thought, but probably not

11. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Can't believe I'm paying 200 bucks a month for this crap! SMH.

I can't even upgrade to HD with a discount and I've been a loyal customer since 2002.

Some companies give out free stuff or discounts if you've been with them for more than a set number of years.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Fwiw NBATV is on 9682 and NFL Network is on 9680

Watching the 24/7 Heat Camp coverage :rolleyes:

13. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

That doesn't help me out at all.

I already have NBATV, which is strange because I never remember buying it. It just all of a sudden available and I checked by bill and there were no added costs anywhere.

I figured that if I called customer service and told them about my problem, they would cut NBATV out, so I just kept my mouth shut.

14. Raven

Raven Member

Ha ha ha ha.

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

nbatv is included in your dish network program but not the league pass. you have to pay to get it. however, if you are in rox home coverage area, the league pass is useless unless you just want to watch any nba game but rox.

16. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

fox just signed a lucrative deal with texas ranger. who is going to pay this unbelievable and stupid rich deal? of coz, you and me.

all direct tv and other service provider customers: you're the next one to suffer. trust me. when the contract is up, your provider will be asked to pay the deal that has nothing to do with us.

17. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Are you by any chance an employee of Dish Network?

18. dmxcrb

dmxcrb Member

I'm don't the alternative channels will work. Otherwise Dish would probably be telling customers they could see the games on them.

Comcast has their digital starter package for $29.99 a month for 6 months (regularly $54.50). HD is an extra $7.95. I'm thinking about getting this deal temporarily until Dish fixes this mess. There is no contract with Comcast so you can cancel when Dish starts working again.

19. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i wish i could be. i have no doubt its employees get some discounts.

have you seen one post saying fox is asking 50+% increase. dish network got pissed. dish network can relay this increase to you and all dish network customers. aren't you mad if your monthly pay is increased by 50+%? i would definitely be mad at dish network. but who is the real problem? fox no doubt.

20. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

I considered this too, but do the math. As a Dish customer my bill would increase by 50% only if FOX channels accounted for 100% of Dish programming. I would think the increase on my monthly bill would be proportionate to amount I currently pay for FOX channels on Dish.
    Probably only a few bucks a month. Way less than League pass.