1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You people know it is OK to say "Lin is a mediocre basketball player, but I don't think he's a good fit for the Rockets" right? Heck, you can even say he's overpaid without saying he sucks. Lin doesn't suck, he just isn't right for this team. He makes poor decisions down the stretch, but with a teammate like KB24 this might be somewhat mitigated. For the Rockets, he just doesn't fit as well. Why it gotta be so polarizing up in here?

2. jk103

jk103 Member

How do people still not understand. What we got for him was -1 first round pick. What we could have gotten for him, by waiting out his contract and just sitting him on the bench or whatever, was 0 first round picks. -1 is less than 0. The only upside is that maybe Morey can work some magic with his TPE.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Do you seriously believe the drivel you post?? Years to come?? Lin is lucky to keep getting chances like this. If he doesn't improve, and drastically, he's looking at becoming a vet. min. type player on his next contract. Give me a break.

4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

not like lin is really helping the team
    aaron brooks is playing better

5. Razsan

Razsan Member

I'd say Harden cost us the series more than Lin, does Harden have to go to?

1 person likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess he was not . . . . LIN-Line with what the Rockets are doing?

[​IMG]

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  7. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Out of control ball handlers who consistently leave their feet without knowing where they are going to pass are easily replaceable.

I am so happy he is no longer a Rocket. I love that trade.

1 person likes this.
  8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Lin was traded before Bosh rejected us. The only reason people are complaining is because it didnt happen. If Bosh had signed with us, everyone would suddenly understand why Lin had to be traded in the way that he was.

And the Lakers gave Houston a deadline. If Houston ignores that and the Lakers sign other guys, then LA loses the ability to take Lin's contract. If Bosh had decide to sign here, houston would have been left scrambling to find another taker for Lin, which isn't that easy. Would you have preferred that? What's the worse move, losing Bosh because we didn't trade Lin or losing Lin because we had a great shot at getting Bosh?

9. Possum

Possum Member

STFU this is a regular practice that all NBA teams do. It happens every year multiple times. Lin had no special rights to that number. He was nothing but an average back up player.

10. cebu

cebu Member

there's something to hate about this trade I admit.

WE GAVE AWAY A FIRST ROUND PICK!!!!

11. Possum

Possum Member

This topic has been covered 1 billion times on this board. I can't believe people are still complaining about this. Smh!!

12. CertifiedTroll

Man, Togashi only fans suck.

13. traveler

traveler Member

he

Yeah he burnt his bridges and had to go after that.

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

That meeting was two paychecks ago and overly discussed. Can we please move on?

15. Possum

Possum Member

Exactly. Nice guy, average basketball player. I'm happy as hell he is gone. Hell I would've drove into the airport for free just to get him out of here.

16. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

It almost feels normal in the GARM again outside of the doomsday speak. That alone is worth it to me.

17. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Can't it be more obvious that the thread starter is a troll?

18. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

With all the money we are saving from not paying his contract...

WE CAN BUY A FIRST ROUND PICK!!!!!

19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

He's market value because 8mil is what it took to get him. That is real market value than anything of us fans evaluates. It's an actual contracts than some speculation from you.

He's overpaid as a Rocket because he can't co-exist with Harden with McHale offense.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Why is this bull**** thread about some mediocre non-Rockets player in GARM. Can a mod move this crap thread into Dish already and merge it with that other thread about Lin? He is NOT A ROCKET.