1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look at that username, SemiSolidSnake

If that's not a stereotypical PS3 Konami playing LOF, I don't know what is

2. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Wow. You're not even trying to address the topic anymore. You just go straight for the kill don't you? I want my new name to be NintendoTaiwanCheap#2Pencils so I can talk about Lin.

3. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

Your racism is pathetic Tinman and you should be banned from this site.

4. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

He's a paid user.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Oh yeah it's racist that I figured out he plays metal gear solid

Nice try lof

It's so easy spotting you guys .

6. Razsan

Razsan Member

Headline on CNN:
    "Clutchfans supports racist poster....well he is a paid user!"

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That doesn't mean **** you idiot. Contributing members have been banned before. If I am coming across as overly harsh, it is because I fully intended it to be conveyed that way. r****ded comments like this give the community a falsely bad name. If you guys don't like what says and feel it is against the ToS, then report him and move on.

On Topic: Lin is GONE. I don't freaking care about some Lin crazy's dissertation about a non-Rockets player. Go take your crap to Lakersground. I hear that's where the rest of the Lin fans have migrated to. We only want ROCKETS fans or people who respect that this is a ROCKETS forum.

1 person likes this.
  8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Nobody cares how anyone feels about the Lin trade anymore. He is gone. And chenjy9, you are right. Fakers site is inundated with LOF's and most have the same usernames they had here. Just took a peak and it is funny. Sucks for them.

9. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

I'm sorry, was there something wrong with what I've typed?

10. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Fixed

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Why does this thread still exist?

12. Remii

Remii Member

I was just thinking the same ish...

13. Razsan

Razsan Member

In fairness, this was about a poorly executed trade by the Rockets front office, which the OP has every right to discuss. It turned into a cat-fight after that.

14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

In a vacuum no, but considering you responded DIRECTLY to a post suggesting Tinman be banned for racism (which the comment totally wasn't), strongly implies you feel he won't be banned if he is a paid member. That is straight up bull**** and you should be ashamed for suggesting that.

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I wish this would just go away just like Lin.

16. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

To be crystal clear.... I am not a LOF. The point of this OP, before all the craziness occurred, was to show my concern for the way that this trade has set us back this offseason. JLin has some talent and is not a total scrub, so it seems like rather than giving up two picks and cash considerations for the Lakers to take him off our hands, it would have been better to keep him and the picks and then deal him at the trade deadline as he would have increased value as an expiring contract. This along with not keeping Parsons at 900k this year seem to have seriously hurt the team. Worst case, in this scenario, if we couldn't get rid of them they'd walk and we'd have money for a max contract next year AND two 1st round picks that would make us a more valuable trade partner for future trades.

17. Razsan

Razsan Member

Then why bump it with your comment????

18. tinman

Supporting Member

you obviously didn't pay attention to anything this entire season.

The Rockets wanted to trade Lin at the trade deadline. There's a reason why the Rockets don't have an advantage in trading Lin.

This is NOT like Minnesota trying to trade Love for Wiggins etc.

Let me give you an example.

You buy a hamburger for $10. You take a bite of this burger and realize it's not as good as anything on the Wendy's dollar menu.

You are now trying to give away overpriced burger that taste bad, plus it's been eaten. You have no leverage.

see? I'm now waiting for you to associate Lin and hamburgers and any correlation to racism vs you actually understanding the logic.

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

For the last time, Lin was traded so we could clear CAP ROOM to sign Bosh. The fact that Bosh did not sign with us is what has your panties in a bunch about the Lin trade right now. If Bosh had signed, you wouldn't be b****ing about this right now. Not sure what is so hard to understand about this. Parsons decision was a different situation and without knowing any behind the scene negotiations, no one can say for sure why that went down.

20. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

-.-

Going back to the hangout.

Talk to you guys during the season, until then try not to rage quit.