1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. allanivan

allanivan Member

We all know he is a very clever GM and I think this is suppose the things he says when facing such situation and he is not going to say we all going to trade Lowry right away because they will decrease Lowry's trade value to even lower. I expect to see Lowry leaves on draft day, and Dragic is a reasonable guy and he is a foreigner and when he find a place that he can be happy and play basketball and BE a starter, he should be happy to stay. Lowry's contract was a terrific signing and I don't expect that happens again on Dragic. He is some where between 7-9 million per year.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Seems like the rockets are destined to trade for Pau, huh?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If rumors were true, Morey nearly stepped down after the nixed deal.

Changes are going to come..... I am all prepared to let Morey and McHale, or one of them go.....

In a nutshell, we are stuck here until we make a long term move for a star or all we can hope that a young star arises ...someone like Moti or the guy we draft

1, I am not a die hard tanker guy but if everyone is unhappy, it is better to take another route......
    I want more players like Chandler develop... all I care about right now....You guys can argue about cap space, top 10 superstars coming to town, or be a 7th,8th seed contender for several years

4. claydavis

claydavis Member

yup. it seems the gasol trade is setting itself up. lillard would be a fantastic backup to dragic, but he could also spell danger, what if dragic sees that and says ok im done im out. gotta get a third team involved with a laker trade, gotta dump patterson, he sucks.

5. Ashes

Ashes Member

Worst part is that it won't be surprising to see Dragic sign elsewhere as well.

6. Toothless_Texan

whats your point mr picture poster?

7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Except the guys that keep quoting me, AMIRITE?

I'm not trying to spin anything. Lowry's legs couldn't handle 40 minutes per game (aka, being a starter). I'm sure his legs wouldn't have a single problem playing 2 more minutes at the end of the game, though.

And it made sense considering Lowry had a 4.2 Ast/TO ratio during that 6 game losing streak, while Dragic had a 1.9 Ast/TO ratio. And it was turnovers that killed the team at the end of games.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, your beef is that Chandler Parsons didn't get enough playing time and didn't develop?

9. allanivan

allanivan Member

I hope not cause the rockets can easily find a backup PG in free agency Ish Smith, and Courtey Fortson looked pretty good. I just think rockets should put their focus on draft a franchise SG/SF and those positions are what rockets is lack of and also a higher potential PF besides PPat. (how about Perry Jones III? he looked good in the draft workout so far. However he is probably going to drop because he is a high risk bust as a top 8 pick... )

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I saw that. He failed to mention that Dragic was still able to avg. 20 pts a game during that time and we were winning until the late season tank job started.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Lowry forced himself out of Memphis when they drafted Conley to be the starter. So yeah, the guy tends to complain when getting a demotion.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

None of this has to do with Gasoft. I'm talking about insuring that we have a capable PG either way. Trades should be made to aquire Portlands #6 and #11 picks.

14. allanivan

allanivan Member

see that's what I want to discuss about. Is Lowry enough for Rockets to lure both of those picks? or do rockets have to take some bad contracts back(while I don't think they have any). or rockets should send one of their own pick to Portland as well, or Kevin Martin. I'd be happy to send them K-Low and K-mart in exchange of both 6 and 11th pick and also our own second round pick back.

15. Toothless_Texan

yah it is what it is ... he has a love affair with a player

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Yeah, I tend to make it a point to not bring up things that have absolutely nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make.

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

who do you know that play 40 minute per game???

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Lowry played over 40 minutes plenty of times as a starter. And Dragic played over 40 minutes a lot of times, even after Lowry came back.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rockets [and Rockets Fans] go through players [and treat players] like toilet paper

*shrug* Happened with Brooks. . . So this is no surprise.

Rocket River

20. joesr

joesr Member

No you wouldnt lose him for nothing. You SnT him