1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Here is the problem with this situation. Morey is a risk adverse guy for starters. There is no way he trades lowry with goran unsigned. There is no way goran resigns with lowry still on the roster. What I think will happen is dragic signs with another team and lowry is back as the starter until further notice.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

1, If you go out and trade for Gasol, you have to be aware that he is even more EMO than both Martin and Lowry.

2, Alternatives, Nobody said about tanking as hard as the Bobcats or Wizards.... If you are smart enough, you get out there in one or two seasons. This is a direction. At least develop all the young players.
    Live with the results.

3, You don't ignore it.
    Depending on Coach how he handles it. The whole Rockets organization is not associated with the word stability.
    As I said earlier, if all your master plan is luring an all star or superstar to Houston, they have failed on both ends.
    They could not make role players happy, and they could not bring an impact player. Don't give me Gasol. Those 2 years of serviceable production does not help us in the future.

3. Remix

Remix Member

He means it's not anything personal.

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

That makes a lot of sense to me.

I took it as him basically saying that it has nothing to do with Dragic personally. I imagine he likes Goran as a person. He's saying that if management wants to try to make him (Lowry) a backup (meaning they re-sign Dragic, which would mean they basically told him he'd be the starter) then it's time for him to move on.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or we might draft Lillard or another PG

1 person likes this.
  6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

So, why should he have played in the 4th quarter when he was coming off a long absence, wasn't in shape and performing poorly again? Logic fail.

7. Big Time Titan

I can see and understand where Kyle is coming from but I also think that he's sabotaging any trade value he may have.

This could really blow up in our face if we don't handle it right. Worst case type stuff. Dragic walks, Lowry and coach don't get along and we get nothing out of Kyle performance-wise and trade-wise.

Or we pay Dragic twice as much as Kyle is making, he busts and we trade Kyle away for a candy and a coke.

I would say that this could get ugly but it's too late for that, it already is.

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Who cares how this makes Morey feel, this absolutely sucks as a Rockets fan. Lowry was visibly disgruntled pretty much all season. Even when he was playing at an all-star level early this season, he showed body language that was rebellious and diva-esque. Not huddling and Kobe-like verbal assaults on the court towards teammates are the two that come to mind.

The flops increased as well as the complaining sessions to the refs. He did not drive to the basket as much as he did when he took over AB's spot, and it seems he passes on more 3's in order to save his percentage.

Something this season changed in Lowry, and it might have been the Adelman situation. He was disgruntled from the start. Same exact thing could be said for Martin, only he was actually traded and sent back.

You add in the fact that Dragic pulled a Lowry on Lowry and became the adopted favorite of much of Houston, we should be surprised it took Lowry this long to say something.

Keep Dragic. Ship Lowry. Build around Dragic, Lee and Parsons. Their chemistry was just too good, especially considering they were thrusted into playing time due to the circumstances. Let's get that star presence in the post regardless if it's on the defensive end, offensive end or both.

9. Hball

Hball Member

As a player there both pretty much at the same level and similar in age but neither are have superstar potential, so it really doesn't matter who we keep we'll still be mediocre chasing the 8th spot again.

10. Damion Laverne

Easier said than done! Got any ideas?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you take a closer look, SCOLA was not the same either. I refuse to believe that is solely because of physical decline

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Just like I said my past few posts...

Teams were keying in on Dragic late in games. They were crowding the paint every time he ran the pick and roll. Dragic still tried to force it in there. Then he would either turn the ball over, pick up his dribble and get stuck, or throw up a terrible shot.... it was hurting the team.

I'm not saying McHale should have started Lowry and given him 40 minutes a game. All I'm saying is he should have at least given Lowry a chance at the end of games. Especially when it was obvious his other way of thinking wasn't working (6 game losing streak, etc).

13. TexasMan

TexasMan Member

Mario Elie? We'd have a better shot with him.

14. Toothless_Texan

keep spinning it around nobody listening

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I get the feeling Morey is going to downplay everything until it is too late .....

His standard answer that both are winners sounds stupid going forward.

16. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Both of them had breakout seasons last year, giving the team two good, young point guards. When was the last time that happened to a team in one season? If they can manage to keep Dragic and Lowry becomes a key piece of a trade that improves us at another position, I'd say it's a pretty good time to be a Rockets fan.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1. So, if you want to tank, but don't want to tank as hard as Washington and Charlotte, then how hard do you want to tank and what would be the point? Do you want to tank moderately like Golden State or Detroit and end up with a 7th, 8th or 9th pick?

2. Stability, if you measure it by the # of guys on long term deals and how little roster turnover there is, really doesn't contribute to team success or even team happiness unless you are talking about teams that are already at an elite level.

Fans might want to have recognizable faces on the roster. Players certainly prefer not to have to move from city to city. However, the reality is that teams who are not contenders have to take chances and make moves even if such moves, by their nature, do not promote stability. They cannot afford to keep the same group of players and lock them up to deals that are difficult to trade. "Stability" when you are not an elite team gets you stuck without any options to improve.

3. For example ,the "stability" move in 2010/11 would have been to give extensions to Brooks and Battier. How much do you think these extensions would have cost and would these be good moves in retrospect? Stability would have involved bringing back Chuck Hayes this season on his mid-level deal even after the Gasol trade failed and the Rockets were not able to attain an elite player. Would this have been a good idea consider the Rockets upcoming cap situation?

Battier and Hayes are two of my favorites. However, unless the Rockets find a star or two first, they simply have to value flexibility over "stability".

18. allanivan

allanivan Member

Spot on. I think it is the time to get rid of all the old veterans we have on the team includes K-martin, Scola, and Lowry in exchange of younger guys with high potential or draft picks while the rockets is able to create more PT for all the young guys to develop. They will suck in the next two years and who cares, at least it is better to see young guns develop. This year draft is a great opportunities, high quality players are everywhere in the draft, why not have more young talent to bet on.:grin:
    And as you said, I agree, the rockets organization is not able to lure a all star or two to come here and play.
    However, we can try trade for D-Howard and sign D-will which is a quicker way to rebuild and if we fail to pair them up and D-will choose not to come here. Then we rebuild by sucking.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This. I think they should go ahead and trade Lowry before resigning Dragic to show good faith. Then with the pick they get from the Lowry trade, draft Lillard as insurance.

20. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member