1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Discord in the big Apple: Carmelo Anthony and the knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bilaal14, Jan 16, 2017.

1. blackistan

blackistan Member

Right now we are dependent on Gordon continuing his early season strong play which is dependent on 3pt shooting as well as Anderson. I'd take a shot at getting Melo if we don't have to give up much to get him. We all know when the playoffs come around Harden hasn't been at his best and if it happens again this year who are you going to depend on. I think Melo would fit great in this offense.

bilaal14 likes this.
  2. craguin

craguin Member

3. malakas

malakas Member

I would laugh so much if Phil Jackson manages to take back for Carmelo not a star...not a good roleplayer..not a pick..but actually the two godawful contracts of Austin Rivers and Jamal Crawford!

BigMaloe and Vivi like this.
  4. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Melo is not about team offense. He is a one man wrecking machine and dependent on his triple threat and post game.

I'm not sure how well he would fit on the Rockets.

justtxyank likes this.
  5. DMO (DJ remix)

I'd much rather trade for Nick Young than Melo. The difference is that both are chuckers but at least Young can play some D and doesn't get paid as much and dosen't whine as much and so on.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Trade for Melo and then start searching for the coach to replace DAntoni when he quits and the GM to replace Morey when he is fired because the whole thing fails.

First question to the next GM should be "How much do you think we can get for trading Melo?"

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

DAntoni already quit one job because Melo refused to run his offense. No way he'd be on board with bringing him here. But even if you just bypass that and say "Coach the players I get you" there's little chance Melo would want to waive his NTC to come play for Dantoni.

Nook and macho GRANDE like this.
  8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

His only options that make sense are C's, okc, lac

They should 3 way trade where Griffin ends up in okc with Russ and melo in Lac

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Translation of what Doc Rivers said:

"I don't want to tell you anything about this trade."

A GM's canned answer to any question about trades, "I love our guys. Obviously we are always look for ways to get better."

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-angeles-clippers-seeking-third-trade-partner

• Knicks & Clippers searching for 3rd team to make a trade work
    • Still trying to find a deal with Cleveland (after they said no on Love-for-Anthony)
    • Clippers hesitant to part with their healthy guards -- Redick, Crawford & Rivers
    • Knicks don't want Crawford's contract
    • Clippers don't want to trade Redick
    • Clippers have no interest in trading Jordan, Griffin or Paul

malakas and Vivi like this.
  12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Please trade reddick to the east

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If you like Michael Beasley, you'll love late career Melo

14. malakas

malakas Member

Clippers hesitant to part with Rivers and Crawford? looooooooool

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

The talks started last week and have continued, with the Knicks initiating the calls, and the Clippers have held firm that DeAndre Jordan, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and J.J. Redick won’t be a part of any deal, The Times confirmed Friday.

Clippers guard Austin Rivers, who makes $11 million this season, and Jamal Crawford, who makes $13 million, are the two primary players whose names are involved in the talks regarding Anthony, whose $25-million salary would increase to $29 million because of his 15% trade-kicker.

One NBA official, who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter, said the third team came up because the Knicks are hesitant to take on Crawford and his contract, which has two more years after this season for almost $30 million.

Rivers and Crawford because it would leave them with just Redick and Raymond Felton in the backcourt until point guard Paul recovers from left thumb surgery. Paul is due back in mid-March.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-carmelo-anthony-20170127-story.html

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

This team has had so many cracks at a championship and haven't got even close that you can't overrate the current roster. "Liking your guys" means nothing if your not producing results at the end of the year. I don't like Melo, but they have the weakest SF rotation in the league and if it is just costing you trade filler for cap space, you have to do it given this team is likely going to be blown up by FA in a year or two at best. Pick between Rivers and Jamal and upgrade your 3 spot and go to battle with that. The Clippers were arguably at their best when they had a thin bench and an old Paul PIerce at the 3 - Melo and a slightly better bench is an upgrade over that scenario.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

"I would bring Carmelo off the bench." - JVG (if Clips were to trade for him)

"All these teams in the West & Cleveland are stressed because of the talent level Golden State has amassed."

Vivi likes this.
  19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I wouldn't want Melo either but it's kind of silly to me that the Clippers don't wanna throw in Reddick

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member